This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games
(10-23-2010, 07:32 PM)dbl219 Wrote:
(09-19-2010, 01:47 AM)yeshuachrist Wrote: EDIT HOW TO UNDO A PROMETHEUS PATCHED FROM A GAME

I found this on another forum, but you must use the option

the file MUST BE IN ISO format

edit the ISO, in umdgen
remove the promethus files
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

OK LOL TESTED WORKS...FORGET ABOUT A ZDELTA PATCH TO UNDO IT LOL.

For undoing the Prometheus, I wanted to get some quick clarification.

Whey you say "remove the Prometheus files", is that just the prometheus.prx, or are there other files?

And when renaming eboot.old to eboot.bin, does this mean I should delete the eboot.bin that is already present?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Yes, you have to delete the eboot.bin, this is the loader for the Prometheus patch, the prometheus.prx can stay or you can delete it, it doesn't matter. After deleting the eboot.bin rename the eboot.old to eboot.bin.

But I must say, generally I'm against this whole procedure! It would be better to just re-rip it from your UMD. It's the proper way to do. There are a ton of things that can go wrong, some games won't work because the boot file has to be on a certain position and UMDGen is a bit careless in this area.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - by Darth1701 - 10-23-2010, 09:58 PM