EmuNewz Network
Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: General discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games (/showthread.php?tid=2110)

Pages: 1 2

Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - yeshuachrist - 09-19-2010

This is going to be a very simple guide. Make sure your PSP can run homebrew, depending on the psp model and firmware combination some psp cannot run homebrew, until you change your firmware either by upgrading or downgrading. You obviously need some kind of custom firmware (cfw) installed, and a tool battery/memory card to do it with.

1. Download "Iso_Tool 1.74" from google, and put it in your "GAMES" folder in your psp.

2. Dump your UMD game, to your psp, and put it in your "ISO" folder.

3. Select the "Iso_Tool" program from your psp's options menu then select the game you want to DECRYPT. The select "EBOOT decrypt", then "backup NO", enable version patch NO (however depending on the game this probably won't matter, and doesn't seem to affect the emulator, I will test some known working encrypted games later and correct this instruction if necessary, so far it doesn't seem to bother the emulator).

4. Your game is now DECRYPTED, and ready to play in jpcsp emulator. Just copy your game image to your computer and your ready to play.

OTHER NOTES

I was recently testing some of the newer firmware games on the emulator, and my psp 3.90 m33 cfw, to try and troubleshoot the games. Ys Seven/Persona 3. And Ys's boots but freezes at the boat, and Persona 3 hangs at the loading screen. I updated my firmware to 5.00 m33-6 on my PSP-FAT. Then i "prometheus" patched both games (first selecting NO to patch the older version .5), and both games ran fine. I also checked the YES to the "PATCH VERSION", option you are given when first DECRYPTING your game image.

I went back and tested the game dumps with JPCSP. the "PATCH VERSION" apparently had no effect, but the "prometheus patch" just causes the emulator to hang. The "prometheus patch" is just a loader to prevent freezes. I suggest not using this option for the emulator after you DECRYPT the game image. "prometheus patch" is still being updated, and it may not interfere with the emulator in the future, but for now, its not compatible. Keep your original UMD DISKS in a safe place so you can experiment with other patches to games, and the possibility of speed increases with the emulator like me. Best to try all available options.

EDIT

I'm going to attempt to give you some instruction for manually removing a "prometheus patch" from your game dump, to save you the trouble from having to redump your game. I'm going to report back in hmmm a hour or so and let you know how it went. The "prometheus patch" is a loader, technically, we should be able to just remove the patch......

EDIT

Okay, I did some more looking into the prometheus patch. Apparently, the "prometheus.prx" file is written into the game image, a special boot routine would have to be written into the emulator for said patched games. As simple as this may seem, this method avoids solutions that could benefit other games, which do not need the prometheus patch to work, on a psp, and also do not work on the emulator jpscp.

As stated previously the best bet is to use ZDELTA to revert the changes to a prometheus patched image, made from your original nonpatched image. To avoid redumping your umd game. Iso_tool may have the option in the future to undo the prometheus patch to those patched images. Since the patch only turncoats specific values to write "prometheus.prx" into the game image...stay tuned.

EDIT HOW TO UNDO A PROMETHEUS PATCHED FROM A GAME

I found this on another forum, but you must use the option

the file MUST BE IN ISO format

edit the ISO, in umdgen
remove the promethus files
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

OK LOL TESTED WORKS...FORGET ABOUT A ZDELTA PATCH TO UNDO IT LOL.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - dbl219 - 10-23-2010

(09-19-2010, 01:47 AM)yeshuachrist Wrote: EDIT HOW TO UNDO A PROMETHEUS PATCHED FROM A GAME

edit the ISO, in umdgen
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

For undoing the Prometheus, I wanted to get some quick clarification.

Whey you say "remove the Prometheus files", is that just the prometheus.prx, or are there other files?

And when renaming eboot.old to eboot.bin, does this mean I should delete the eboot.bin that is already present?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Darth1701 - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 07:32 PM)dbl219 Wrote:
(09-19-2010, 01:47 AM)yeshuachrist Wrote: EDIT HOW TO UNDO A PROMETHEUS PATCHED FROM A GAME

edit the ISO, in umdgen
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

For undoing the Prometheus, I wanted to get some quick clarification.

Whey you say "remove the Prometheus files", is that just the prometheus.prx, or are there other files?

And when renaming eboot.old to eboot.bin, does this mean I should delete the eboot.bin that is already present?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Yes, you have to delete the eboot.bin, this is the loader for the Prometheus patch, the prometheus.prx can stay or you can delete it, it doesn't matter. After deleting the eboot.bin rename the eboot.old to eboot.bin.

But I must say, generally I'm against this whole procedure! It would be better to just re-rip it from your UMD. It's the proper way to do. There are a ton of things that can go wrong, some games won't work because the boot file has to be on a certain position and UMDGen is a bit careless in this area.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - riclas - 12-15-2010

why is this post not linked to, or at least an iso tool reference in the FAQ? the last version is 1.95 btw.

if it is because the jpcsp devs believe everyone who runs a custom firmware is a pirate, then don't accept encrypted games to the compatibility list either. i would argue though that most jpcsp testers seem to have a custom firmware since there are much more encrypted games in the list than others, which contradicts the first point.
as a new user i found it pretty dificult to understand what was all the encrypted fuss about. the FAQ should make it clearer.

maybe this discussion was held before, but i haven't found such an indication in these forums.

regards

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Blackbird - 12-15-2010

This doesn't work for me. I tried decrypting GTA VCS and Dungeon Siege ToA and both of them are still "encrypted" to JPCSP.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - einsteinlool - 12-16-2010

I tried also to undo Prometheus as u told us "yeshuachris" but JPCSP still detect a Prometheus patch !! i have deleted the Eboot.bin and rename the old one , i have also deleted the prometheus.prx file but nothings change ! how can i fix this probleme , how to make the games decrypted as in the original state ?
Note : i used UMD to create new iso image .

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Darth1701 - 12-16-2010

(12-16-2010, 03:28 AM)einsteinlool Wrote: I tried also to undo Prometheus as u told us "yeshuachris" but JPCSP still detect a Prometheus patch !! i have deleted the Eboot.bin and rename the old one , i have also deleted the prometheus.prx file but nothings change ! how can i fix this probleme , how to make the games decrypted as in the original state ?
Note : i used UMD to create new iso image .

Dump it again with your PSP!

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - The_XIII - 01-29-2011

(09-19-2010, 01:47 AM)yeshuachrist Wrote: This is going to be a very simple guide. Make sure your PSP can run homebrew, depending on the psp model and firmware combination some psp cannot run homebrew, until you change your firmware either by upgrading or downgrading. You obviously need some kind of custom firmware (cfw) installed, and a tool battery/memory card to do it with.

1. Download "Iso_Tool 1.74" from google, and put it in your "GAMES" folder in your psp.

3. Select the "Iso_Tool" program from your psp's options menu then select the game you want to DECRYPT. The select "EBOOT decrypt", then "backup NO", enable version patch NO (however depending on the game this probably won't matter, and doesn't seem to affect the emulator, I will test some known working encrypted games later and correct this instruction if necessary, so far it doesn't seem to bother the emulator).

4. Your game is now DECRYPTED, and ready to play in jpcsp emulator. Just copy your game image to your computer and your ready to play.

OTHER NOTES

I was recently testing some of the newer firmware games on the emulator, and my psp 3.90 m33 cfw, to try and troubleshoot the games. Ys Seven/Persona 3. And Ys's boots but freezes at the boat, and Persona 3 hangs at the loading screen. I updated my firmware to 5.00 m33-6 on my PSP-FAT. Then i "prometheus" patched both games (first selecting NO to patch the older version .5), and both games ran fine. I also checked the YES to the "PATCH VERSION", option you are given when first DECRYPTING your game image.

I went back and tested the game dumps with JPCSP. the "PATCH VERSION" apparently had no effect, but the "prometheus patch" just causes the emulator to hang. The "prometheus patch" is just a loader to prevent freezes. I suggest not using this option for the emulator after you DECRYPT the game image. "prometheus patch" is still being updated, and it may not interfere with the emulator in the future, but for now, its not compatible. Keep your original UMD DISKS in a safe place so you can experiment with other patches to games, and the possibility of speed increases with the emulator like me. Best to try all available options.

EDIT

I'm going to attempt to give you some instruction for manually removing a "prometheus patch" from your game dump, to save you the trouble from having to redump your game. I'm going to report back in hmmm a hour or so and let you know how it went. The "prometheus patch" is a loader, technically, we should be able to just remove the patch......

EDIT

Okay, I did some more looking into the prometheus patch. Apparently, the "prometheus.prx" file is written into the game image, a special boot routine would have to be written into the emulator for said patched games. As simple as this may seem, this method avoids solutions that could benefit other games, which do not need the prometheus patch to work, on a psp, and also do not work on the emulator jpscp.

As stated previously the best bet is to use ZDELTA to revert the changes to a prometheus patched image, made from your original nonpatched image. To avoid redumping your umd game. Iso_tool may have the option in the future to undo the prometheus patch to those patched images. Since the patch only turncoats specific values to write "prometheus.prx" into the game image...stay tuned.

edit the ISO, in umdgen
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

Where is the umdgen located?? I can't find one in my jpcsp folder.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Darth1701 - 01-29-2011

(01-29-2011, 03:33 PM)The_XIII Wrote:
(09-19-2010, 01:47 AM)yeshuachrist Wrote: This is going to be a very simple guide. Make sure your PSP can run homebrew, depending on the psp model and firmware combination some psp cannot run homebrew, until you change your firmware either by upgrading or downgrading. You obviously need some kind of custom firmware (cfw) installed, and a tool battery/memory card to do it with.

OTHER NOTES

EDIT

EDIT

edit the ISO, in umdgen
and rename
eboot.old to eboot.bin

Where is the umdgen located?? I can't find one in my jpcsp folder.

IIRC you don't have any games, yet?

Anyways, UMDGen is a tool that has nothing to do with JPCSP at all. Google for it.

RE: Iso_Tool 1.75 to Decrypt, encrypted games - Itaru - 01-29-2011

(01-29-2011, 03:33 PM)The_XIII Wrote: Where is the umdgen located?? I can't find one in my jpcsp folder.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=umdgen