This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
yes talking about the later, i think the DeSmuME emu (which shash was involved in and made a blog and got critisized for not releasing his own much better version) was constantly bombared with something like, when are u releasing this or when will this game work or can u make it work etc
bcz JPCSP is a smaller community atm compared to something like nds, we dont have annoying ppl (unless i am one of them).
Dont keep it too obvious or have ppl waiting for something specific or else irritation is expected (but u already know that hehe)
i hope i am not mistaking the fact tht shash written in yer readme is the older dev from the DS emu?
(06-07-2010, 06:47 PM)shakirmole Wrote: yes talking about the later, i think the DeSmuME emu (which shash was involved in and made a blog and got critisized for not releasing his own much better version) was constantly bombared with something like, when are u releasing this or when will this game work or can u make it work etc
bcz JPCSP is a smaller community atm compared to something like nds, we dont have annoying ppl (unless i am one of them).
Dont keep it too obvious or have ppl waiting for something specific or else irritation is expected (but u already know that hehe)
i hope i am not mistaking the fact tht shash written in yer readme is the older dev from the DS emu?

Sure, but that's always part of the development. Wink
People will always want more, even if we said nothing, just look at all the posts demanding audio support, even though there's already a lot of work being done right now. The updates we keep giving are aimed at those who are really interested in helping with JPCSP's evolution. It's just a matter of being patient enough and get people to realize that we do this on our free time and within our capabilities.

On a side note, yes, it's the same shash. Also, don't worry, your not annoying at all, plus your tests with this game have been a major contribution. Smile
thank you very much, that was truly touching Blush
i would try contributing more to what i find erroneous in ff7 crisis with regards to graphics or gameplay but too bad i dont see anything Tongue
is the sound effects off sync with the new rev 1545 for anyone else?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(06-08-2010, 02:08 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: is the sound effects off sync with the new rev 1545 for anyone else?

seems like it (normal audio out of sync, decoded audio and movies don't play right, (atleast for crisis core))...
anyways can't expect everything to work with every new revision, Hykem might still be working/updating/testing it..

its too soon for any conclusion.
i guess this is regression testing and possibly not much to cause any issue...
is it so that windows 7 runs better than windows xp for jpcsp (i cannot exactly test it but will do so soon)
Any improvements in r1546?
Also, I've changed a couple of things for the Media Engine. Now, if you run the game with only "Use JPCSP Connector", it will extract everything it needs (MPEG and ATRAC). Then, decode the files, change to "Use Media Engine" and they'll be loaded too (except for the .PMF files). The external audio still works in the same way, but it now supports .wav, .mp3, .at3, .raw and .flac (a small assortment of containers to test the best playback).
(06-08-2010, 05:30 PM)Hykem Wrote: Any improvements in r1546?
Also, I've changed a couple of things for the Media Engine. Now, if you run the game with only "Use JPCSP Connector", it will extract everything it needs (MPEG and ATRAC). Then, decode the files, change to "Use Media Engine" and they'll be loaded too (except for the .PMF files). The external audio still works in the same way, but it now supports .wav, .mp3, .at3, .raw and .flac (a small assortment of containers to test the best playback).

did some small testing and the one that plays back audio-wise the is when you re-encode to .at3 (atrac3) audio plays good and fast, no stuttering/static/skipping... but it completely breaks the video playback, when its played with a video the video delays about 30-40 seconds before a frame update, also encoding to atrac3 is more of a problem since it needs the codec to encode (ffmpeg cant encode to it yet)

(i always test with the first crisis core video, the one the menu shows on since its easy to get to Smile)

mp3, .wav play good, video and audio work although it seems to play slower then the video and have the static/skip noise (audio is encoded at 44100Khz, 64kbit, just to keep it as close to original as i can)
guys i have a problem i cant see zack body and all enemy turn to invisible, what compatibility i used? i try all option that the fist page configuration... but still the same, all video and speed run perfectly to my computer. is there a way to make zack and enemy visible?
Disable User vertex cache and maybe Use viewport. I play on the french version and these things hidden all bodies ...