This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bsnes v0.060.06 for Mac OS X Released
SNES 
Quote:The OS X port was looking very, very bleak. The adoption of C++0x meant that bsnes could no longer be built with Xcode.

Thankfully, a few people helped me to work around this using Macports GCC 4.4 with some source patches. The result is that bsnes once again compiles. I have uploaded the updated sources, along with a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard copy to Google Code. Note that you will need to install Qt 4.6.2 for Cocoa to use this build, and that it is missing the optional snesreader, snesfilter and supergameboy libraries. In other words, decompress your games prior to running them for this WIP.

I've also passed the requisite dylibs over to Richard Bannister. I can't guarantee he will be able to make use of them, but with any luck, we can revive his port so that Emulator Enhancer can be used once again.

In other news, I've substantially upgraded my development environment, with the hope of bringing my software more toward the cutting edge. Before, I was running Windows XP Media Center, OS X Leopard and Xubuntu 9.10. I've now upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, OS X Snow Leopard, and Xubuntu 10.04. This should allow me to target newer APIs such as .NET 4.0, DirectX 10+, 64-bit OS X binaries and OpenCL.

I've also updated the compilation guide for OS X, and posted a new article that goes over my recent purchase of a Mac Mini.

http://byuu.org/
[Image: 1913820.png]