This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - ULUS10336
(05-03-2010, 02:34 PM)Hykem Wrote: I need some info about this game's performance.
Did the FPS actually decrease from r1505 to r1507 (using Media Engine or not)?
The Media Engine shouldn't affect the game at all...

The game runs about the same as previous releases but with 1507 there is a little more jitter in the videos.

some bugs i noticed with the media engine decoding
1. even though the full PMF file is already on the filesystem JPCSP still overwrites the file on each playback, i was thinking maybe this was causing the jumpiness since its writing / decoding at the same time.
2. if i delete the PMF (or the file never existed) file the movie trys to play instantly but just keeps looping the first few seconds over and over, and the PMF movie is getting copied over really slow like 1~k/sec
3. if "Media Engine" is unchecked in the options JPCSP will revert to the old behavior (shows the static screen with decoding instructions.) but after the movie fully plays it will use the media engine and start movie playback even though the option is unchecked.

4. after you press "new game" it crashes with
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The picture is not complete.
maybe its from going from one video to the next right away (menu movie to game intro)?, so far this is the only video i'v seen this happen with
I've done some reworking in r1508.
Since there's still a lot of testing to do with the Media Engine, the video playback will now display in a separate JFrame so it won't interfere with the emulator. Plus, it's useful to have a better perspective of the video dimensions and it's easier to take screenshots from.

Also, I've added a step by step decoding method which is now being used in sceMpeg. This way, the emulator keeps running (just like it would with the faked MPEG video), but at the same time, the video will play on a new window. You can easily close this window, skip and pause the video in the emulator.

There's still a small bug that occurs if you start JPCSP using the Media Engine right away (no video dumping before). So, load the game with only "faked MPEG" and let it reach the video sequence. This is required so the file is created, even if it's almost empty (Xuggler has some issues with detecting files). You don't need to wait for the 100%, just restart and turn the Media Engine on. This time it will dump the rest of the video and play it at the same time. Wink
ON r1508 ITS still the same bug....... second video crash,, freeze Sad on first video no sound.. on game no music and sound.....

........ my comp:Athlon 4000+ 2 gb ram geforce 8600
and i install xuggle-xuggler.3.4.1012

the best r on my spec its r1505
[Image: previewfinal2.jpg]
How do I skip the videos? Everytime I open up r1508, the intro goes on untill the scene with Angeal and Sephiroth in the training room and completely freezes. No change in fps though >.>
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(05-04-2010, 07:19 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've done some reworking in r1508.
Since there's still a lot of testing to do with the Media Engine, the video playback will now display in a separate JFrame so it won't interfere with the emulator. Plus, it's useful to have a better perspective of the video dimensions and it's easier to take screenshots from.

Also, I've added a step by step decoding method which is now being used in sceMpeg. This way, the emulator keeps running (just like it would with the faked MPEG video), but at the same time, the video will play on a new window. You can easily close this window, skip and pause the video in the emulator.

There's still a small bug that occurs if you start JPCSP using the Media Engine right away (no video dumping before). So, load the game with only "faked MPEG" and let it reach the video sequence. This is required so the file is created, even if it's almost empty (Xuggler has some issues with detecting files). You don't need to wait for the 100%, just restart and turn the Media Engine on. This time it will dump the rest of the video and play it at the same time. Wink

also slightly off topic but when the movie container has (decoded) audio in it i get really rough playback
this didn't happen in r1506 (see video, playback was pretty smooth) (did something change with audio?)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=026LXTE3

with the standard PMF files it plays fine though , just something when there is audio..

but other then that its looking pretty good, maybe need to reposition the pop-up window so it matches jpcsp, it still has the new game bug but my guess would be maybe it needs a slight delay starting the media engine so it can close down the first video (menu) and then go on to play the second video (new game)
I tried this game with the launcher and it worked but i cant se the characters. why i need help plzzzz :'( ive been trying to get a psp emulator that works for soooo long :'(
Is the ULUS10336 version of CC the only version (semi) working at the moment on the svn builds? Im assuming ULUS10336 is the NTSC version. I have a backup of my PAL version, which is ULES01044. Using the recommended settings, I cant watch any of the movies using Faked MPEG. I get to the start screen and the Faked MPEG begins dumping the intro movie, whilst I can select "New Game" and "Load Game". If I select New Game, the Faked MPEG begins dumping the next movie. While this is happening, the subtitles of the movie appear ontop of the Faked MPEG static screen, once it hits 100% it goes straight into the actual gameplay (Which has no music or voices, only the sound of Zack's 'clothes' moving, or his foot steps). Now, can you actually watch the intro movies after the Faked MPEG has reached 100%, or does it have to first be decoded through your PSP, as the faked MPEG instructs? I can't do this as my PSP is broken, hence why I've been watching the progress on this emulator closely. I've tried svn builds 1505 and 1507.
@TranceZiggy:
Yes, both the PAL and NTSC versions work. The problem is that the "faked MPEG" option only dumps the .PMF file, which you would later need to decode to a raw format on a PSP.
Now you can watch the movies without decoding on a PSP (no audio, unfortunately). Just unzip the ffmpeg-natvies.7z folder provided in lib/windows-x86 (only works for Windows 32-bit, for now) and check "Use Media Engine" in the Settings. When a movie sequence begins, a new window will popup playing it. This is still experimental, but it has given some nice results. Smile

@noir:
Did you use raw audio streams (from PSP decoding) or other converted format?

@Sleipher:
Do you get any warnings like "VideoEngine: Method xxx not available"?

On a side note, I've updated the MediaEngine again in r1509:
Crisis Core was using the same stream to play both videos and flushing it between them and it was loading videos with incomplete frames, so the MediaEngine will now check for that in r1509.
I've also made the window to show undecorated (no title bar or icons) and on top of the main canvas. It may look like the video is playing on JPCSP, but it's actually a new window on top of the canvas. If you move the main window, the movie frame won't move with it (because you may need to access the main canvas).
Also, now you only need to check the "Use Media Engine" option. The video no longer needs to be dumped before since it's now decoded and played at the same time. With really large movie files you may experience some artifacts or lag at certain parts of the movie due to the still imperfect synchronization of the emulator, but this only happens if the video has never been decoded before, so on the nexts runs it will play normally.

Could someone please test this game again and see if there are any improvements? Also, you'll probably have to move the main window to see the options that would show on top of the movie.
in r1509:movies play good ,but no sounds...... Sad

[Image: previewfinal2.jpg]
(05-06-2010, 06:29 PM)destinyxxx Wrote: in r1509:movies play good ,but no sounds...... Sad

Yes, that's normal. We still can't decode audio (ATRAC3Plus). Sad