This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey everybody
psp 
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I finally joined because JPCSP looked the most promising out of the handful of PSP emulators out there. It also happens to be the only functional one, let alone the only one that can actually play games.

I apparently can't use it, though, despite my computer meeting the system requirements for PSP emulation (Barely, but it does). I keep getting that all too familiar "Critical Error: JPCSP Cannot Display" error, in which all the problems it lists as causing the error do not apply to my computer Sad

I get the error with the cube test as well as with Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, the only game I have been able to find a working link to (Don't worry, I own it as well, so there is no piracy involved). Somebody said it was caused by having an older version of Java, but I have the latest.

Here are my computer specs, as crappy as they are:
Model: Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz (2 Cores)
RAM: 3062 MB RAM
Direct X Version: Direct X 9.0c
Graphics: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Integrated Graphics
Display: 1280x800 (32-bit) (60Hz)

I have the latest drivers and the latest JPCSP version.
Is there any way to make this work? Or is my computer so crappy that I'm screwed either way?

I was looking forward to playing Soul Calibur on my computer, so if anyone has a solution, that would really help Smile
That's a common problem in Windows XP,to solve it you need to edit the bat file.
Where it says -Xmx1024m change that 1024 for 768 and it should work
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Thanks for the help, but it didn't work... Sad
Is there some other solution?
It seems that your video card only support OpenGL up to 1.5 and JPCSP needs at least OpenGL 2.0. Are you sure your video drivers have the latest version?
[Image: montcer.png]
That GMA965 card suffers from terribly bad OGL drivers, I used to have it, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, I had no luck running nearly anything with that card.
You can try updating your chipset drivers ( http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchRe...set+Family ) but I can't say for sure if it would help.