This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xuggle 5.5 (64bit) - SandyBridge/IvyBridge compatibility test
(11-08-2012, 03:36 PM)guidodi Wrote: Can we expect more speed or a better compatibility using the latest Xuggle or it won't change much??

Probably better compatibility, the current xuggle (3.2) in jpcsp 64bit has trouble with certain types of audio that only playback on the 32bit builds (xuggle 5.4), this change brings that compatibility to the 64bit builds so you will get more audio, the reason it wasn't added before was it would crash on certain processors so it had to be reverted back to the old 3.2, so back to this thread, I manually compiled it in hopes of solving that crash, and from the looks of it it appears to be fixed I also think it's working much smoother and has less crashes..
I have personally been running this for about 3-4 days without one crash or error with relation to the media engine....

I'm not sure if / when it will be added into the official builds that's up to the devs, I don't think gid wants a repeat of before when people were complaining about the crashes ,so I was hoping more people would test this and report back good results :p, Itaru has given some good news since he was one of the ones able to reproduce the crash, and said this has fixed it, so most likely it will provide good results for others as-well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xuggle 5.5 (64bit) - SandyBridge/IvyBridge compatibility test - by hyakki - 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM