This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PPSSPP new PSP emulator
I am astonished by the ....ehm green thing over there
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
shadow was so overwhelmed by the fact that pspe4all starts showing some GE stuff that he cannot resist from posting a screenshot of lines.pbp.

well, pspe4all is using a different approach to emulate GE (Graphics Engine) using some OpenGL 4.x extensions to get a better accuracy but at the price of a lot of hard jobs to have those new extensions working for pspe4all. So he was a little depressed until he can see some lines moving on pspe4all screen. Tongue
(11-05-2012, 04:29 PM)hlide Wrote: shadow was so overwhelmed by the fact that pspe4all starts showing some GE stuff that he cannot resist from posting a screenshot of lines.pbp.

well, pspe4all is using a different approach to emulate GE (Graphics Engine) using some OpenGL 4.x extensions to get a better accuracy but at the price of a lot of hard jobs to have those new extensions working for pspe4all. So he was a little depressed until he can see some lines moving on pspe4all screen. Tongue
I can understand how hard it can be to use new OpenGL features... to find its way between understanding the documentation and avoiding driver bugs ;-). I'm curious to see your new approach when it is released Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
So shadow was like a little kid Smile
Anyway I assume it's harder than pcsp.Well good luck with that project,wait...that means older video card won't work good,sigh that means I'll have to upgrade my pc.What will shadow do if this emu shows more good results?Tongue
(11-05-2012, 04:52 PM)gid15 Wrote: I can understand how hard it can be to use new OpenGL features... to find its way between understanding the documentation and avoiding driver bugs ;-). I'm curious to see your new approach when it is released Smile
here is the image about performance events for lines.pbp using Nvidia Performance Analyser :
- each color represents a thread for windows : cyan is gpu_Thread, green is cpu_Thread (Allegrex interpreter using fibers), blue is lcd_Vsync (a 60 Hz vsync thread)
- vertical white/grey bars represents 1 ms
- vsync is 60 Hz so 16.666 ms

* pspe4all_GE_Load is a glTexImage2D (from vram memory)
* pspe4all_GE_Store is a glGetTexImage2D (to vram memory)
* pspe4all_Display is when lcd_Vsync asks for a display rendering from memory

EDIT: now I also use a transform feedback for converting a RECTANGLE primitive into 2 TRIANGLE_STRIP primitives by passing the feedback buffer of the vertex decoder to it directly. The primitive drawing is also now using the final feedback buffer to draw the primitives. Beforehand, the feedback buffer was retrieved into a decoded vertex array in pc memory then uploaded into a vertex buffer object when drawing primitives. See the new timings here :

(11-05-2012, 05:04 PM)virgil94 Wrote: So shadow was like a little kid Smile
Anyway I assume it's harder than pcsp.Well good luck with that project,wait...that means older video card won't work good,sigh that means I'll have to upgrade my pc.What will shadow do if this emu shows more good results?Tongue

well you will be here to figure out , won't you ?Tongue
Of course I will be here,don't want to loose track of cool things
To be honest, I am kinda dissapointed nobody helps gid15 with jpcsp, because that one is the best and most advanced psp emulator.
How much time and effort will it require to get either ppsspp or pspe4all to atleast level of jpcsp ???
Wouldn't it be best to just work on jpcsp ?
Do you people really hate java that much ? Smile

Is is atleast posible to use jpcsp code to speed up development of other emulators ? I know gid15 had in last year figured out a lot of things about psp emulation and its all there in jpcsp code... Big Grin