This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to load old save game data
I haven't been around for a long time but I tend to check out JPCSP once in a while and there's a new revision so I downloaded it and copied the SAVEDATA folder from the old version to the new one as usual, but this time around the game is unable to find any existing save game data.

I'm a bit at loss what to do. Same games, same folder locations. Did I miss something with the way JPCSP handles save game data here?
some games go by the 'username' you input, go into jpcsp options and try changing your username to the one used before
How do you mean to change username in JPCSP? I don't think I've ever used a username option.
I mean Nickname (not username :p)

btw what game data are you trying to load?
(10-15-2012, 09:16 PM)hyakki Wrote: I mean Nickname (not username :p)

btw what game data are you trying to load?

Crisis Core, Dissidia and Duodecim. And yes, I figured you meant the nickname and I've never used the nickname option actually. Transfering old save data has always worked between previous versions and it loaded fine without me ever typing in a nickname in any of those versions, so I don't know why it doesn't work with this version.
maybe you have the handle savedata in crypto mode enabled?, it could also be permission related (ie jpcsp cant access the files because os is blocking it)
(10-16-2012, 09:02 AM)hyakki Wrote: maybe you have the handle savedata in crypto mode enabled?, it could also be permission related (ie jpcsp cant access the files because os is blocking it)

I tried turning it both on and off. Seemed to have no actual effect on JPCSP's ability to load my old save data. I get no error message either (theoretically there's no actual error, it just doesn't find the old files). I can however make new save games just fine and these load. It's just old save games I got problems with.
Have you tried replacing the old save file with the new one? I meant, that new save game that work, being replaced for the old one but just the files; keep the same name the new have instead the name of the old file.
[Image: montcer.png]