This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting savegame conversion...(jpcsp to psp)
If anyone can help me out, that would be awesome.

I tested savegame deemer with jpcsp to try to export jpcsp saves to psp. Sadly it didn't work. And even worse, I screwed up and backed up the wrong save file. Now my game is stuck in jpcsp.

Can anybody help in reencrypting it or maybe someone can point me in the right direction so I can figure it out myself(if it's even remotely possible)?
I've tried several ways.

1. Savegame deemer - verified that their unencrypted format(after decryption) is different from jpcsp no crypto method. just for the heck of it, also tried it with crypto mode turned on. as expected, dead end. Not sure how serio did it once, according to his post. It could possibly be game dependent, I guess.

2. SED/Freecheat PSP - with freecheat, i'm assuming the keyfile it generates when dumping while saving is a sort of encryption key it detects while watching the save. because the keyfile i got from that wasn't able to decrypt my PSP savegame successfully(using SED english). now if my initial assumption is right, what if i can run a plugin like freecheat in jpcsp and then play a game? that way it can properly interpret jpcsp en/decryption into something SED can understand. i don't think jpcsp supports plugins yet, though. and i know i could be way way off on my assumption.

3. SED PC version - doesn't even run for me. just says kirk has stopped working...

In the many trial-and-error runs I did, I discovered that SWITCHING JPCSP CRYPTO WHILE IN GAME SEEMS TO CONFUSE JPCSP. On my test, when I do this, game freezes while loading save, sometimes just checking memory card freezes, and then sometimes it will just say data is corrupt when trying to load the savegame. so people who want to fiddle with your jpcsp saves this way, beware. back it up. don't be an idiot like me. Sad
For now there is not much you can do,you'll have to wait for Hykem to return
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
holy crap!!!!!
Magicsave is the key!!!!!

SUCCESSS!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

TIP: Use SFO type 2 and the data you upload to your PSP has to be in jpcsp crypto mode. Hurrah!

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7947
Thank you for this finding,I made a thread for this so the others can see it.Seems like I was wrong,continue like this.Also here is the thread http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=84829
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
it doesn't work on all games though. i tried to port a save for fate/extra, but it's still seen as corrupted.

maybe the game's save format is more sensitive than others, i dunno. it rejected both raw and crypto mode saves as invalid, and didn't even show the image like it does in those screenshots.
1. does the magicsave menu even pull up?
2. were you able to enable read invalid data?
3. after enabling that, did you try mixing up the SFO file and decrypt types? I imagine the necessary combination would be game-dependent so play around with those.

and remember that you should not be in the load game screen while changing these settings. preferably you should be at the title screen.
1. yep, menu pops up.
2. i can turn everything on and off at will, yeah.
3. sfo juggling doesn't change anything.

did the settings on title screen, yeah.

the savefiles are still shown as corrupted data. i'm guessing either this game's really picky about the encryption, or the plugin simply doesn't fully work with my psp model/cfw version.
oh yeah maybe that. i'm using procfw 6.60..
pro cfw-b10 fix1, 6.60, on psp-e1000 here.