This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP launcher and Large Pages
(09-25-2012, 08:28 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 05:16 AM)jeremymd Wrote: ... for some reason launcher is still reporting insufficient privileges.

Number one, RUN THE LAUNCHER AS ADMINISTRATOR.

... After disabling that temporarily, it goes through. And it's not that I lacked RAM. I have 8GB of it.
Other solution besides the one you found will be hit the button "Show all users process"; this will allow you modify the Java priority on Windows Task Manager.

priority is different from permissions. with that in mind, i fiddled with all three possible priorities for java itself and there doesn't seem to be any effect on jpcsp performance itself, at least for the game I'm currently playing.

Quote:Also, i want ask you something because i wonder why you use Windows Page File with 8 GB RAM?; i did wonder it because using Page File will force your HDD make the work that your RAM have to do and when the HDD becomes overloaded system stability decrease a lot (theoretically). In that order MGSP must become slower even on a 7200 RPM HDD!!! However you told that game performance was better using PageFile instead your RAM hahahaha!!

Obviously you misunderstood. The goal of large page support is to optimize processor Translation-Lookaside Buffers(TLB). To be honest i'm not entirely sure what it is, but to my experience a buffer is always in a form of RAM and never on the hard drive.

You probably misunderstood. You're talking about the windows "page" file which windows itself uses when it has a lot of applications resident in memory and need to load more. It writes some of these active apps to the hard drive to make room for the newer app. This has nothing to do with the java large page option.

But hey! Glad you joined us.

Messages In This Thread
JPCSP launcher and Large Pages - by jeremymd - 09-25-2012, 05:16 AM
RE: JPCSP launcher and Large Pages - by jeremymd - 09-26-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: JPCSP launcher and Large Pages - by hyakki - 09-26-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: JPCSP launcher and Large Pages - by jeremymd - 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM