This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java thread has been solved?
A few weeks ago everybody on net was talking about JAVA and a security flaw that was discovered where the only solution was complete disable of JAVA and all its components. I didn't; i trust blind on AVG. Java 7 Update 7 is free of this risk?

I haven't update Java since Java 7 Up5. Some days ago, suddenly Windows start saying that wincrs.exe have a problem and it will be finished ... Then it spread to explorer.exe, svchost.exe and other know windows files creating some hidden folders on AppData and ProgramData with some random names and the files inside it. It becomes very suspicious but AVG didn't detect anything so i backup all the data and make a fresh new W7 install but this time i install Kaspersky and ... Surprise! All that suspicious crap result being troyans of any kind.

I can't ensure all that came due the usage of JAVA but i try to be careful on what i download on the net, what is going to install and USB flash drive which i use none; so i really didn't realize how i get infected.
[Image: montcer.png]
Yes, Java 7 update 7 fix the bug, you can see into the release note that "This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities".
yeah seems to be fixed in j7 u7 though I highly doubt that type of infection came from the security bug.
I personally always use firefox to browse the web, It's much more secure then IE, and you can use addons like NoScript that can block javascript and other malicious code some sites use, you can also manually disable plugins like the java plugin if needed, for email I use thunderbird (much more secure then outlook or windows mail).

and for anti-virus I stick with Microsoft Security Essentials, its good on system resources, and free, Kaspersky is good too but it has a higher false positive finding.
Thanks!
[Image: montcer.png]