This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specs for Jpcsp
ps2 
Hello everyone and thank you for allowing me to post my question and sorry for any mistake spelling but English isnt my mother language.

Well i´ve been trying to play some of my games on Jpcsp because my PSP is damaged beyond repair. The thing is Im not getting more that 12FPS and i would like to know if it is because of my laptop specs or my noobness configuring things xD

Specs from Dxdiag:

System tab
Intel Core i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.40GHz
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11

2nd tab (mine is in portuguese and i cant translate it)
Device:
Intel HD Graphics
1696MB

Im guessing the rest of the information on all 4 tabs dont really matter but let me know if im wrong.

Now the question. Can i ran games in full speed like this?

Thank you for the attention.

P.S. - I dont know if it matters but im able to use emulators like PCSX2 at full speed and higher. TY
For you, it depends of the games you try to run. On that case for example, Intel HD graphics has been reported by many users that have a poor behavior with some games and that's because JPCSP works with OpenGL, and Intel HD Graphics have a poor average use under OpenGL.

The other specs i guess are on the average because i own an AMD A8-3510mx which is 100MHz faster than yours i5 but it have an ATI Radeon 6620g on graphics; sadly for me ATI also have poor behavior with OpenGL so the results are not full FPS; the games i own can run but between 10/20 FPS which sometimes is a decent speed for being playable.

If i where you, i start trying my games in order to locate which one are playable and if not, i will post a log hoping gid15 (The most active developer) can fix it. Big Grin
[Image: montcer.png]
please provide more information, what game is only getting 12fps?

just because you can use pcsx2 full speed on some games doesn't mean anything (esp if you use speedhacks) (for example nearly anyone with a sse2 processor can run the game Odin sphere at full speed under pcsx2 since its mostly 2D, but when they try a game like killzone,Primal, zone of enders or shadow of the colossus they quickly find out these games can bring any pc to a crawl even top of the line.), the same goes for Jpcsp (or other emulator) it depends on the game and compatibility status and the overall speed of your computer, some games will work better then others since more testing has been done with them as-well as other factors like how the game was programmed.

from what I've seen in your post most slowdowns would point towards the Intel GPU since they were never intended for heavy 3D gaming, the CPU is decent and you should have enough ram
(09-19-2012, 10:32 PM)hyakki Wrote: please provide more information, what game is only getting 12fps?

just because you can use pcsx2 full speed on some games doesn't mean anything (esp if you use speedhacks) (for example nearly anyone with a sse2 processor can run the game Odin sphere at full speed under pcsx2 since its mostly 2D, but when they try a game like killzone,Primal, zone of enders or shadow of the colossus they quickly find out these games can bring any pc to a crawl even top of the line.), the same goes for Jpcsp (or other emulator) it depends on the game and compatibility status and the overall speed of your computer, some games will work better then others since more testing has been done with them as-well as other factors like how the game was programmed.
Ha, yeah I can run KH 1 and Re:COM at just about full speed with my shit computer.
Hi all.

I tried Dissidia FF, KH: BBS and Crisis Core FF.

DFF had less than 10FPS now but i somehow managed to get the other 2 to run up to 30 FPS (altough not right now cus I used the secret technique of randomly checking/unchecking boxes on configuration so i dont remember how i got 30 FPS)

Im getting myself a "new" PSP any day now so this isnt really really necessary but i really prefer playing on a PS3 controller than on the PSP itself. Also, my problems might be the same as someone else so it wouldnt hurt to get the answers.

Ty for all your attention.
(09-20-2012, 01:54 AM)JaimeMerces Wrote: Hi all.

I tried Dissidia FF, KH: BBS and Crisis Core FF.

DFF had less than 10FPS now but i somehow managed to get the other 2 to run up to 30 FPS (altough not right now cus I used the secret technique of randomly checking/unchecking boxes on configuration so i dont remember how i got 30 FPS)

Im getting myself a "new" PSP any day now so this isnt really really necessary but i really prefer playing on a PS3 controller than on the PSP itself. Also, my problems might be the same as someone else so it wouldnt hurt to get the answers.

Ty for all your attention.

I know in some of the rendered cutscenes Dissida can get some slowdowns even with very fast computers, there is a few things you can try though, first make sure the window size is 1x since the bigger the window the more CPU/Video usage, try to check Disable UBO I've heard that could help some Intel gpus, change the maximum method size to 100 or 50, you could also try to enable vertex cache, and CLUT can also help in some situations.

(in the image, blue options should always be used whenever possible, I'm not sure how shaders work on Intel but the emulator should enable/disable accordingly, the yellow highlights can cause speedups depending on the game, the purple might be nessasary for intel and ati cards.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-20-2012, 02:26 AM)hyakki Wrote: I know in some of the rendered cutscenes Dissida can get some slowdowns even with very fast computers

Try to disable vertex cache (to the best of my knowledge)
Just enable Only GE graphics & saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory Big Grin

Bug of enable vertex cache (as far as I know):
1. Slowdown rendered cutscenes Dissidia
2. graphic glitch Soul Calibur broken destiny
3. graphic glitch Tekken 6
“In the end.. What I've done! Best of the best vengeance is bettering myself. So I'm breaking my limits! This is it...”Claudius Zephyros