This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATRAC3+ decoding idea
montcer9012, please stop spreading FUD and false information.

montcer9012 Wrote:you agree to be under Japanese laws and for sure, Japanese laws will protect SONY. For sure you can put the instructions, but everybody that does it will break SONY's license and there's the problem;
LOL. Sorry, I didn't mean to mock you but get some legal insight. There are laws of MY country which protect ME. SONY can write whatever they want. If it contradicts with my local laws then there's nothing they can do about it to change them. And since I'm not under Japanese laws (and cannot be unless I physically move to Japan) I have no obligations before them. Now concerning EULA. If I ever break their EULA then I can only be held liable under my local laws depending on what exactly I did in violation. For your reference, violating EULA is not illegal per se. It is exact action which you did that matters. If that action was illegal under your local laws (for example, under DMCA) then you can be held liable. If it wasn't then the maximum SONY can do is stop offering you support and recognize you as their customer.

(09-12-2012, 06:26 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: And yes, SS's EULA forbidden modify SS software and in that case, using only a part of the product instead the whole product. Look:
SonicStage EULA Wrote:DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS, RESTRICTIONS, RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
Limitation on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer unless expressly authorized by Sony.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This EULA shall be governed by the laws of Japan...
Sorry, but you are wrong again. Decompilation and the process of disassembling has nothing to do with making a backup copy for your own needs. Both decompilation and disassembling refer to the process of using special computer tools (programs) to hack SonicStage program code in order to steal it's ideas or to alter it's behavior. This is simply entirely different thing.

And the fact that their EULA is governed be Japanese laws is obvious but it doesn't make me a citizen of Japan.

(09-12-2012, 06:26 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Sony is one of the most protected companies man; remember what happen to GeoHot when he JailBreak PS3 OS; just for that he can't even say PS3, PlayStation, PSN and every brands that SONY own. Also, Japan is not an occidental country, which means they don't use our law system based on UK rules so even you are on the EEUU break the agreement on the EULA still break the contract.
I have no idea who GeoHot is but jailbreak is most certainly a violation of DMCA. So whatever happened to him/them was because of it.

And every company doing business in foreign country is subject to local laws of that country.

montcer9012, to put it simple. There's nothing wrong in isolating SonicStage on your own machine.
You don't need to be legal. If you get at Sony's eye and you do something that they don't like even if it's legal they will do their best to pay everybody to twist the law, this is what we all learnt from Sony in 2010-2011-2012.
(09-12-2012, 07:00 PM)knws Wrote: montcer9012, please stop spreading FUD and false information.
I attach SonicStage EULA which can be found on the installation files of SS; everyone is free to check it out.

(09-12-2012, 07:00 PM)knws Wrote: SONY can write whatever they want. If it contradicts with my local laws then there's nothing they can do about it to change them. And since I'm not under Japanese laws (and cannot be unless I physically move to Japan) I have no obligations before them. Now concerning EULA...

montcer9012, to put it simple. There's nothing wrong in isolating SonicStage on your own machine.
Ok, that's your opinion and i respect it; which doesn't mean i agree with it; ídem everybody here.

I am not saying that Sony will suit or take legal actions against you; but JPCSP forum will be under SONY's scope if a rule is broke and that is not a good idea.

I wasn't judging or making you a condemned person, i just advice you of something that can be found wrong under SONY scope; however, i don't know why you take it like a joke and like it was personal:
(09-12-2012, 07:00 PM)knws Wrote: LOL. Sorry, I didn't mean to mock you but get some legal insight.
... Huh Is not some "insight" or "mock" thing about legal issues; i just want JPCSP project still going his way without SONY telling on a court that this forum will be down. I remember you that jpcsp.org have placed an "Donate" button and no single company will take a good look to someone make money using they copyrighted material without his permission.

Finally, you are free to do whatever you want at your own risk; don't take the whole forum with you.
[Image: montcer.png]
OpenMG is available as a separate installer found on the main sony site so it can be installed separate from ss, as for the other file it's not necessary to part it out, you can still keep it with its installed counterparts :p
(09-12-2012, 08:45 PM)hyakki Wrote: OpenMG is available as a separate installer found on the main sony site so it can be installed separate from ss, as for the other file it's not necessary to part it out, you can still keep it with its installed counterparts :p
And the stand-alone codec? I remember that when this happen:
Help with SonicStage
... I wrote to Sony asking if i could transfer the downloaded packages and they told me that i could with any software that does not have license; that's why i doubt the subject.
ss is not a part of jpcsp or other emu so I can't really tell someone how to use it or not, as long as they aren't distributing it (or part of it) on the forums I don't see a problem (the same goes for any software that's licensed.)
I believe you @hyakki; everything is fine then.
(09-12-2012, 08:07 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: I attach SonicStage EULA which can be found on the installation files of SS; everyone is free to check it out.
You continue to spread FUD and false information despite being kindly explained several times already.

(09-12-2012, 08:07 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: I am not saying that Sony will suit or take legal actions against you; but JPCSP forum will be under SONY's scope if a rule is broke and that is not a good idea.
It is not difficult for me to repeat again: there's nothing in SS EULA preventing anyone on this forum from making an adapted personal backup of SS files for their needs. As long as we all keep it for ourselves and not share it with each other here or on JPCSP main page no possible legal action can be taken against anyone.

So I've tried making OpenMG module semi-portable but to no avail.
It uses kernel driver for it's DRM and registers tons of OLE classes so making it even semi-portable is unlikely.

The output of HIMDRender upon manually invoking on OMA file is as follows:
Code:
Init
Specified Skip Size:  [0x989680=10000000]
Specified Block Size:  [0x1e=30]
Specified differnece allowed:  [0x5=5]
Create filter graph --Success !
Success !
Success !
Success !
Get direct sound filters --Success !
Success !
Success !
add direct sound to graph Success !
get input pin from dsound Get omgsrc_baseSuccess !
Success !
Get omgsrc_base output pin Success
Create OMG TRANSFORM Success !
Success !
Add OMG TRANSFORM to graph Success !
get input in from omg trans Success !
get output in from omg trans  - Success!
Get sony wav writer Success !
Success !
Success !
Add sony wav writer to graph Success !
Delete output File: oma.oma.wav.tmp -- FAILED
Set up sony wav writer Success !
get input in from sony wav writerSuccess !
Get smarttee interfaces Success !
Success !
Add smarttee to graph Success !
Get Smarttee pins Success !
Success !
Success !
Attempt connection between omgsrc and omgtransError: Unknown error  [0x80040207=
2147746311]
Processing File:oma.oma
RepairWav => Failed to open source wave oma.oma.wav.tmp

==================================================================
Failed to open temp wave file
Deinit'ed

hyakki, so what about total pre-conversion idea? One could get converted files this way for needed games and no OpenMG requirement anymore at least for them.
well I created a program a very long time ago that did that [Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video, no idea if the file formats / naming scheme still works with jpcsp (probably not since it was such a long time ago :p) where you can extract the audio from your game and batch convert it, though it was a slow, painful and time consuming process to wait through, this was before the media engine, it was a huge relief when jpcsp could do this automatically and on the fly, I really don't see the need to batch convert anymore, the OpenMG software isn't that much of a threat to me (not as bad as other DRM methods that do online checks ..etc) , I have used it for years without any issues.
@knws, please stop saying i am spreading FUD and false information. Whenever you want i can probe anything i say; however, this is not the place for legal issues. I came to this topic making a suggestion to you; not to blame/troll you so don't do it to me.

@Moderators, i am off of this topic; however, no one have to keep quite from suggestions of "fraudulent" information.

@Everyone_Reading_This, the "FUD and false" information about the EULA content can be found downloading SonicStage 4.3, like on Sony Asia Web Site:
http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/60444
If wanna know more details about other "FUD and false" information feel free to ask me.