This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DLC Decryption
As of r3098 you should now be able to use DLC in JPCSP.
After fixing several bugs and improved the CryptoEngine in general, I've finally fine tuned and fully implemented proper PGD decryption.
I'm also working on proper NPDRM licensing so I've added some functions to handle .rif files and act.dat.
So, basically the DLC should be decrypted at runtime and stored in the folder tmp\[DISC_ID]\DLC with the same exact name as the original content.
If you already have decrypted DLC to load, you can also create the DLC folder yourself and place the files there.

I would really appreciate any testing regarding this feature as it may still need improvements.
Also, some of the fixes may have improved the SAVEDATA compatibility. Please report any tests with it too.
Thanks and enjoy! Wink
valkyria chronicles 2 is unable to create valid savedata in crypto mode. after it's created, any attempt to load it will fail and try to delete it, which will also fail because PARAM.SFO is at 0 bytes and permanently locked by the emulator, so it can't be deleted. game still seems to work only in non-crypto mode. attempting to load a real psp savefile in crypto mode fails too.

savefile in question was in: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....7#pid37637

dlc data for it also fails, it creates empty files in tmp folder, and also misses half of them. copying them manually makes them work and appear in extra menu though. is this (dlc in ms0/psp/game/gamecode/ that gets copied into tmp/gamecode/dlc) only for encrypted dlc or should decrypted dlc also work this way?

example, one of the dlc for this game is ULUS10515/DL11 which contains DL11.EDAT which is 16 bytes big and DL11_DATA.EDAT which is 148 kb big. in tmp all you'll find is DL11.EDAT which is 0 bytes. the one with data is never copied.

edit: seems so. when i tried encrypted dlc, it was decrypted and appeared right. another decrypted attempt in other game also produced one empty file.

note that because of the date problem ("Save data creation date does not match the PSP system, so content unlocked with data link or passwords will be deactivated") none of the dlc or data link/password unlockables will save anyway.
are you going to work on homebrew's and game demos having an encrypted EBOOT.PBP
for example
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=109975
and
http://pspdemos.wordpress.com/2008/07/29...-psp-demo/

this doesn't work aswell
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=77637
because of
08:10:26 INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - Process - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPUF30014/PSP-KEY.EDAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00
08:10:26 INFO hle.scePspNpDrm_user - Process - sceNpDrmEdataSetupKey edataFd=0x3
And what about other DLC methods? For example, Killzone Liberation uses the PSP\Game\ folder to seek for the DLC packages. Here are some instructions directly from Guerrilla because it's free:
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/n...-back.html

If i add the DLC files the way you told the game doesn't load it. Here a log from this try:

.7z   log.7z (Size: 8.05 KB / Downloads: 108)

If i try the way Guerrilla told on that blog the game crash and JPCSP pauses automatically and it seems that JPCSP can't handle the DLC files. Here is a log from this situation:

.7z   r3098x64 - Killzone Liberation.7z (Size: 8.39 KB / Downloads: 103)

Those are the files from the DLC:

[Image: montcer.png]
prinny 2, the dlc works. saves created with crypto are still invalid on a real psp. i guess that part wasn't fixed/tackled yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-12-2013, 11:58 PM)serio Wrote: valkyria chronicles 2 is unable to create valid savedata in crypto mode. after it's created, any attempt to load it will fail and try to delete it, which will also fail because PARAM.SFO is at 0 bytes and permanently locked by the emulator, so it can't be deleted. game still seems to work only in non-crypto mode. attempting to load a real psp savefile in crypto mode fails too.

savefile in question was in: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....7#pid37637

dlc data for it also fails, it creates empty files in tmp folder, and also misses half of them. copying them manually makes them work and appear in extra menu though. is this (dlc in ms0/psp/game/gamecode/ that gets copied into tmp/gamecode/dlc) only for encrypted dlc or should decrypted dlc also work this way?

example, one of the dlc for this game is ULUS10515/DL11 which contains DL11.EDAT which is 16 bytes big and DL11_DATA.EDAT which is 148 kb big. in tmp all you'll find is DL11.EDAT which is 0 bytes. the one with data is never copied.

edit: seems so. when i tried encrypted dlc, it was decrypted and appeared right. another decrypted attempt in other game also produced one empty file.

note that because of the date problem ("Save data creation date does not match the PSP system, so content unlocked with data link or passwords will be deactivated") none of the dlc or data link/password unlockables will save anyway.

Currently the decryption should only be working properly for games that load the .EDAT files right away (e.g.: Disgaea 2).
This one seems to be doing this in two steps, which should probably require some special attention.
As for the SAVEDATA, I found out there's an alignment issue, that's why it's getting locked. Working on it right now. Wink

(04-13-2013, 12:04 AM)nash67 Wrote: are you going to work on homebrew's and game demos having an encrypted EBOOT.PBP
for example
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=109975
and
http://pspdemos.wordpress.com/2008/07/29...-psp-demo/

this doesn't work aswell
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=77637
because of
08:10:26 INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - Process - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/NPUF30014/PSP-KEY.EDAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00
08:10:26 INFO hle.scePspNpDrm_user - Process - sceNpDrmEdataSetupKey edataFd=0x3

Yes, part of that is already being worked on. Wink

(04-13-2013, 12:29 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: And what about other DLC methods? For example, Killzone Liberation uses the PSP\Game\ folder to seek for the DLC packages. Here are some instructions directly from Guerrilla because it's free:
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/n...-back.html

If i add the DLC files the way you told the game doesn't load it. Here a log from this try:

If i try the way Guerrilla told on that blog the game crash and JPCSP pauses automatically and it seems that JPCSP can't handle the DLC files. Here is a log from this situation:

Those are the files from the DLC:

Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out. Currently this kind of DLC is still not supported, I'm still working on it.
Only .EDAT DLC should be able to work for now. Sorry. Sad

Thank you all for the reports, please keep testing more games and different DLC content. The more information I gather about this the easier it will be to implement it. Smile

(04-13-2013, 01:19 AM)serio Wrote: prinny 2, the dlc works. saves created with crypto are still invalid on a real psp. i guess that part wasn't fixed/tackled yet.

Nice. Thanks for testing. Wink
queen's gate spiral chaos, the dlc fails to load. on a psp it'll appear in the special menu as a new option on the bottom. in jpcsp the new option never appears, and the dlc folder is never made in tmp, so i guess it doesn't even try to get it.

making the folder manually also doesn't help, so it looks like the game doesn't even try to load/read it (i noticed that for the game to load its dlc, it needs the files in both game folder and tmp if decrypted, if it can't find the files in game then it won't load it. maybe related, maybe it can't find them for some reason). some different method?

note, the dlc is edat, and its files are all following the DLC_DATAxxxx.EDAT naming.

edit: here's a log, though at first glance it doesn't look like it even tries to access anything off the memory stick. are there any specific dlc-related debug codes for the logger to make them show up on info level?

i can't run it at anything above info one, since it almost freezes the emulator because of the amount of data it outputs.

Attached Files
.zip   uljs00377log.zip (Size: 73.98 KB / Downloads: 106)
I'll have to test this out later, I had a hdd start to fail so getting everything back to normal Smile

Edit:
Quickly trying DISSIDIA 012 so far it seems to be loading the DLC content very slowly on start (I should of started with only one first but I copied the whole folder :p) , I will wait to see what happens.

160762 [ffst_thread] INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/ULUS10566/89db7295.edat flags = 40000001 permissions = 00
160785 [ffst_thread] INFO hle.scePspNpDrm_user - sceNpDrmEdataSetupKey edataFd=0x4
Inform by my friend
Hatsune Miku Tongueroject DIVA extend load DLC error due to file naming repeat probrem.

DLC File content

JPCSP will be decrypted DLC to TMP/Game ID /DLC folder inside, but all the files into the DLC folder, not to put away separately, cause the filename to the same name. The DLC will read error

Thank you, sum2012, my friend.
I hope Hykem can repair naming repeat probrem soon.
Smile