This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graphics card issue
System Specs:OS Windows 7 64 bit,CPU intel core i5 2430m,GPU nvidia 520m 1GB,RAM 4GB
Jpcsp uses the internal GPU and not the nvidia gpu.How can i change that?
Have you try disabling the internal video card on the BIOS set up?
[Image: montcer.png]
I don't want to disable the internal GPU.I want to use both of them.
(08-17-2012, 05:59 PM)Gladiator7 Wrote: I don't want to disable the internal GPU.I want to use both of them.
That's kind of impossible with the video cards you have; besides that hardware are on a laptop, making that even more impossible.

To use 2 video cards the motherboard and the video cards it self needs to allow that. In fact, that technology is called SLI on NVIDIA and not all video cards support this function. You can't use SLI with an Intel HD GMA + NVIDIA video card; nor on a laptop either on a desktop.

My original suggestion still; find a way to disable the Intel graphics.
The technology called nvidia optimus and it is usefull for the battery life.
When i play a game nvidia card works and when i run an application like chrome the internal GPU works.
Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Optimus
(08-17-2012, 08:29 PM)Gladiator7 Wrote: The technology called nvidia optimus and it is usefull for the battery life.
That's other thing; i understand you wanna use the 2 video cards at the same time to gain boost. But now i understand what do you mean.

However, always was recommended a motherboard without internal video to prevent games look for work with the internal instead the dedicated video card; and that's the issue you are having here.

So, instead want to change JPCSP, you may want to change NVIDIA settings; at least when you are using JPCSP. Anyway if you haven't do that is because you in did want change JPCSP rules so go on.
Can you force via nvidia control panel to use dedicated graphic card on java.exe process?
My laptop uses the same thing, but I have it hooked up to an HDMI monitor (and my Nvidia manages HDMI output) so it automatically runs any program started on that monitor with the Nvidia GPU. Besides that, I would recommend trying what icecoffeemix suggested,