This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulator cuases blue screen of death(bug issue)
This bug may very well be a one time deal but i figured it was worth reporting. when playing a game through this emulator i accidentally hit the H key which brings up the home notification pop-up however i think it's worth mentioning that this pop-up window is blank and refuses to close. so that's another bug i am reporting. now back to how i got the blue screen of death. the only way i knew of to close the emulator with this blank pop-up in the way is to close the DOS window. well i did this and immediately relaunched the emulator after it closed. my system then proceed to freeze up and then i got a blue screen telling me that it's shutting down windows in order to protect it from being damaged more. my PC rebooted thankfully but that's the issue.

my system specs are

Windows 7 with a dual core processor and AMD graphics card mid-end grade.

UPDATE: okay it's offical. it IS the emulator that causes the blue screen of death. when i opened my UMD browser this time my system froze up and i got a blue screen of death with the error Kernal Inpage error.

so you guys need to SERIOUSLY fix this. if this emulator is causing system crashes..it DOES NOT need to be online until this issue is fixed!
Sounds like you have defective hardware, or a overheating problem, and no one else has this problem so its safe to say something is wrong with your pc (bad ram/ videocard/cpu or underpowered psu ..etc) jpcsp is an emulator and may push your hardware to the limits any flaws in hardware could cause the pc to crash.

It may also be some sort of driver conflict but usually it's likely a hardware problem or an overheating issue.

run some tests on your pc (videocard - opengl, cpu stress, and a ram tester (Memtest86+) to make sure everything checks out.
(08-17-2011, 05:39 AM)hyakki Wrote: Sounds like you have defective hardware, or a overheating problem, and no one else has this problem so its safe to say something is wrong with your pc (bad ram/ videocard/cpu or underpowered psu ..etc) jpcsp is an emulator and may push your hardware to the limits any flaws in hardware could cause the pc to crash.

It may also be some sort of driver conflict but usually it's likely a hardware problem or an overheating issue.

run some tests on your pc (videocard - opengl, cpu stress, and a ram tester (Memtest86+) to make sure everything checks out.

wow....umm.....i love the fact that you try and claim up and down that nothing is wrong with the emulator....>.> according to MY PC scaning my index files it determined the cause of the index page error was because of the exe located in C:\Users\user\Desktop\MLP abridged series script audio\jpcsp-2279-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86 creating faulty index files. now tell me...is my PC full of shit or should you guys recheck the emulator?

ALSO: my system fixed the index errors caused by it thankfully.
Jpcsp probably was what helped it crash since it puts higher than normal loads on the system & hardware then some hardware failed/glitched while it was running causing the crash, maybe check the S.M.A.R.T. status of your hard drives, they could be getting bad sectors or faulty writes from a failing hard drive. there are various software that can help check smart status (HDsentinal , PassMark DiskCheckup, or just google "hd Smart check")

I have researched the Kernel Inpage error and it mostly relates to defective hard drive, ram, even a corrupt system registry or viruses can cause it.

but if you really think jpcsp/java is at fault post the steps on how to reproduce it and any logs you can make/dig up.

:edit
I tried what you posted in the first post but was unable to reproduce the H key or the close / re-open crash
I pressed the H key and it said "do you want to exit" I clicked yes, msg went away, emulator pauses, closed by the cmd window, then immediately reopened the emulator, and tried again about 5 times and still no crashes. what game were you running at the time of the bsod?
(08-17-2011, 06:45 AM)hyakki Wrote: Jpcsp probably was what helped it crash since it puts higher than normal loads on the system & hardware then some hardware failed/glitched while it was running causing the crash, maybe check the S.M.A.R.T. status of your hard drives, they could be getting bad sectors or faulty writes from a failing hard drive. there are various software that can help check smart status (HDsentinal , PassMark DiskCheckup, or just google "hd Smart check")

I have researched the Kernel Inpage error and it mostly relates to defective hard drive, ram, even a corrupt system registry or viruses can cause it.

but if you really think jpcsp/java is at fault post the steps on how to reproduce it and any logs you can make/dig up.

:edit
I tried what you posted in the first post but was unable to reproduce the H key or the close / re-open crash
I pressed the H key and it said "do you want to exit" I clicked yes, msg went away, emulator pauses, closed by the cmd window, then immediately reopened the emulator, and tried again about 5 times and still no crashes. what game were you running at the time of the bsod?

This is pissing me the fuck off....WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR DAMNED RETARDED SITE LABLEING MY POSTS AS SPAM?!!!!

anyways........this is like my 25th attempt at posting this fucking message and i am pissed the hell off atm. ANYWAYS.....i recorded the video causing the crash and uploaded it to youtube. this will be proof enough that the emulator is causing the system crashes. YOUTUBE LINK
And are you an expert to tell us the technical proof that JPCSP is causing this BSOD ? 100% of BSOD is due to hardware issues or a badly coded kernel driver. Jpcsp is neither an hardware circuit nor a kernel driver.
It's quite clear that the problem is not the emulator. JPCSP uses a lot of libraries that access several of your hardware devices and it seems that one of them has a compatibility issue (outdated drivers, bad installation). Obviously, the kernel records JPCSP as the last program in execution before shutting down and that's why you see broken index files being related to it. It probably has nothing to do with your hard drive.
deathsia Blue screen is caused by bad memory or driver failure caused by a hardware component that is usually the most common
[Image: 1388267.png]
yeah sounds like your pc is really messed up.
here are some things to try
1. Reinstall video, chipset & soundcard drivers
2. Reinstall Java the latest version
3. shut down any other running programs
then try jpcsp again if the system still crashes then I'd do a clean format and start new (backup your important data, format, reinstall os,drivers ..etc).

1000's of people have used Jpcsp and you are the only one with this issue.
I know its not JPCSP because i've had an experience just like this on Project 64 awhile back on a crappy old eMachines computer. It was a very crappy computer and i researched it and NOONE else came across the BSoD on the P64 so obviously the crappy old hardware in my computer was what caused my BSoD. Its only common that since most emulators don't restrict your computer from running a game that requires too much that it be the users fault.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit