This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumped- Voice acting for emulator
psp 
I've been on this thread: Atrac3Plus, trying to figure out how to get Hakuoki- Demon of the Fleeting Blossom- to work. Everything works fine but the music and voice acting.
1. Do I have to get sound files and place them somewhere? Then run the programs that are said in forum.

When I looked for the "Atrac dir (e.g \tmp\ULJM05940\Atrac)", that folder was not in the tmp at all. I had to make my own, which I'm sure was not the right thing to do, anyway. I don't know where these files are supposed to go, or if I need any more pluggins. I have the tools, but don't know what to do with it. I already installed everything I was told to. I just can't put it together.

If you can help me fix the voice acting some other way, I would greatly appreciate it.
To get the best audio experience try this.

0. First Make sure you are using a recent Jpcsp build from http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
1. Install a program called Sonic Stage 4.3
2. In the emulator Configuration -> Media , Check Use Media Engine, Decode audio files with SonicStage
[This should be enough for basic audio and video support]

This is optional.
3. Since sonicstage can't read mono at3+, You need another program found here
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5293
[Last page usually has latest version]
4. The above program relies on a program called "Sound Forge", you will also need to download the trial version of Sound Forge v9 or v10.
5. Configure mono_ATRAC3PLUS_Autoplay_assistant_tool set the paths to Sound Forge..etc
6. Do a quick game play in Jpcsp so the "tmp\<gameid>\Atrac" folder generates, then select that folder in mono_ATRAC3PLUS_Autoplay_assistant_tool, and click start.

That should be all that's needed, mono_ATRAC3PLUS_Autoplay_assistant_tool is a 3rd party tool so its not associated with the dev's, it also has some limitations (like it can't loop some BGM) , currently it's the only way to playback these types of files on the PC.

Remember Jpcsp is still a work in progress some audio formats / types might still not be decode-able or the game might use some custom codec for it's audio, if this is the case please post a log on the INFO setting from Jpcsp, The devs can assist further if they need additional information.
Quote:6. First do a quick game play in jpcsp so the tmp\<gameid>\Atrac folder generates, then select the folder in mono_ATRAC3PLUS_Autoplay_assistant_tool, and click start.

I think that's the problem, I have everything you just said. Did all the things. I open the game, and close it. But the " tmp\<gameid>\Atrac folder " never generated. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Since I don't see a thread for that game could you make a new thread under the appropriate section here
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

use subject as GameName - GameID
then post a Jpcsp Log on the INFO setting so the devs can see whats going on.

To make a log please follow in this exact order.
1. Debug > Tools > Logger > Show Logger > Select 'INFO' from the pulldown menu.
[use arrows on kb or mouse wheel if you can't select the pulldown.]
2. File > Load UMD > Press Run.
3. Play the game like normal, wait for the error or crash.
4. Close Jpcsp, in the Jpcsp directory find 'log.html'
5. Compress the log with zip/rar/7z or similar archiver then attach the compressed log to your forum post.
[Image: wwkn51.jpg]

OR If you use Jpcsp Launcher then you can just right click > Enable log. for the same effect.
(When you close jpcsp, it will automaticly compress all the needed log files for you, you just have to upload the pre-created zip file Smile)
[Image: j9lsa9.jpg]

If you haven't already please also tell us the specs of your computer Video Card, CPU, RAM, Operating System.

Thanks Smile
Thanks for all your help, I finally solved it by doing it on a different computer.
Now, the only thing that doesn't work is the soundtrack music. Which sounds more confusing. I'm satisfied with voice acting though.
(07-24-2012, 08:13 PM)arlayla Wrote: Thanks for all your help, I finally solved it by doing it on a different computer.
Now, the only thing that doesn't work is the soundtrack music. Which sounds more confusing. I'm satisfied with voice acting though.

Hello there ! I was wondering if you could tell me what you did to make it work. Did you just repeat the same steps you did with the other computer you had ?
Because I'm having the same problem with another game.I can only see Mpeg folders and a PGD folder. No Atrac :S
Can anyone help ?