This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work
(11-01-2012, 07:23 AM)hyakki Wrote: Btw gid15
With setSwapInterval(0); it does set vsync off (or the same effect), but while also testing I noticed the FPS reading might be wrong in Jpcsp, using bandicam internal fps reader its showing FPS as 120fps (but jpcsp title bar shows 60)
Jpcsp FPS is showing the FPS from the PSP point of view, i.e. how often the PSP application is changing the Framebuffer pointer.
There might be more window displays from an operating system point of view, but they would just re-display the same Framebuffer content. I will check if I can optimize it to have one single operating system refresh per PSP frame.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-31-2012, 09:19 PM)gid15 Wrote: I see a much lower CPU load on the cube demo
If everybody agree that VSYNC off lower the CPU usage, why don't add a video option to enable/disable it instead change the source code manually? I test God Of War on r2816x64 and got better game speed result than r2817x64.
[Image: montcer.png]
An option would be ok (but people might misuse it, maybe call it something other then vsync :p), turning it off can cause some sever problems in some games for example growlanser the game will run so fast the screen never updates unless you force it back to 60fps, but in my tests most games are ok with it off and run slightly better (not sure if its due to the cpu reduction or the increased virtual/fake frames available like gid said)
Code:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xura2m_untitled-29_videogames

that said some games can actually benefit from it being off (besides for the less cpu usage)
Hatsune Miku
Unchained blades (game goes from 8 fps to 30fps) (normally very high cpu, vsync off cpu is mostly idle)

hyakki, my specs are on this bug report (http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=80621)
What I'm trying to say is that most games feel that they are less prone to have constant slowdowns or they are less prone to have slowdowns in crowded areas. It always felt that in some occasions I meet a slowdown that it doesn't feel like it's my CPU's fault, more like it was somekind of a memory leak or wasted use of CPU. So it makes sense if Vsync pre-reserves recourses to mentain a stable framerate but this stresses constantly way too much a CPU having most of the times the opposite result. I'm so satisfied by this Vsync option that got turned off that I'll stick to that revision until some major bugfix or feature gets implemented, It's just really cool.

Also I'm gonna fix the video recording issue sometime that I have enough time doing it but I'm only going to invest time when the bugs on the above post got tackled since I have no reason to do it if they don't.

(PS: I think I need to update the post about those weird Nvidia bug, I feel like I narrowed down the possibilities what causes the posterization effect)
(11-01-2012, 09:03 AM)hyakki Wrote: An option would be ok (but people might misuse it, maybe call it something other then vsync :p), turning it off can cause some sever problems in some games for example growlanser the game will run so fast the screen never updates unless you force it back to 60fps, but in my tests most games are ok with it off and run slightly better (not sure if its due to the cpu reduction or the increased virtual/fake frames available like gid said)
Could you post a few frames from growlanser in DEBUG mode? I would just need 5-10 frames ("executeList ..."). I'm wondering how this game is synchronizing on the PSP...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(11-01-2012, 03:34 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 09:03 AM)hyakki Wrote: An option would be ok (but people might misuse it, maybe call it something other then vsync :p), turning it off can cause some sever problems in some games for example growlanser the game will run so fast the screen never updates unless you force it back to 60fps, but in my tests most games are ok with it off and run slightly better (not sure if its due to the cpu reduction or the increased virtual/fake frames available like gid said)
Could you post a few frames from growlanser in DEBUG mode? I would just need 5-10 frames ("executeList ..."). I'm wondering how this game is synchronizing on the PSP...
I waited a few minutes with it on debug mode when in-game, and I don't see any executeList in the log (waited for the log to get around 50 megs).
I tried logging again on the first intro screen (2d scene) then a few executeList showed up under debug mode.

This game only works with 'Only GE graphics' too, maybe that has something to do with it.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r2821(64bit).zip (Size: 1,018.22 KB / Downloads: 73)
.zip   Log_r2821(64bit)_menu.zip (Size: 736.76 KB / Downloads: 88)
Aaand, no plans to add Vsync on/off on JPCSP GUI menu?
[Image: montcer.png]