This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do I need more ram?
(07-19-2012, 08:00 AM)bugmenot Wrote: Sorry to say but RAM on a lower end range GPU serves as nothing but marketing buzz. Since most people think a GPU perform based on how much RAM it has.

As for the freeze you should make log of it and post on the game's thread to help.

About the log I tried to make it but I didn't find a way to generate it from jpcsp even though I saved the log settings and enabled both html/txt logging. In the end I copied and pasted the log window output in a txt file.
After you opened the debug windows, everything shown there will be automatically recorded to log.html on the jpcsp folder. That's the one you want, also, just use INFO level unless the devs ask for otherwise.

Oh yea, the log.html will be overwritten whenever you run JPCSP again, so you'll need to redo it if it's blank now.
psp 
Today when I started using jpcsp incredibly there was no lag and the fps was always over 20 all the time (avg fps: 24) but some minute later it started lagging and freezing.

I talked with a guy who knows a few about java and programming, when I described the problem he said it's probably a bugged function of my java version or inside the program which causes a "recursive call" that doesn't remove temporary variables or something like that, they keep stacking and the result is an excessive memory usage (in facts task manager says javaw.exe uses over 880'000 kbytes of memory and it keeps increasing every second).

Is there anything I can do to fix something like this?
No other game have this problem afaik, which java version are you using?
(07-20-2012, 10:58 AM)bugmenot Wrote: No other game have this problem afaik, which java version are you using?

Cmd says:
java version "1.7.0_05"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode).

Updated 3 days ago first (when i started using jpcsp) then yesterday last time as I remember.
Well, you could try to use jpcsp launcher. Or hope the devs could fix it as it seems more like the emu/game specific problem than the whole java fault as many, including myself, has finished numerous game with JPCSP.
hmmm i would guess... the latest driver of nvidia have a problem could not access VRAM right now(Starcraft 2:HOTS issue: out of memory + PCSX2: DX11/DX9 software mode: out of memory)

but still P3P/ZHP are still playble...weird its really weird~

(thats why some games are laggy~ nowadays