This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the heck do i do this?
First of all, Hello.

Let me write this as subtle as possible:
-I have a broken PSP
-I have a Monster Hunter Freedom Unite UMD
-I now have JPCSP
-I havent played MHFU for over a year now, and if i dont do it soon, I'm gonna have a nostalgic seisure.

Inb4, What the heck do i do now?

(The PSP has a broken screen, but the mem stick is allrite)
with it being broken, i guess you can't see anything at all?

you need to repair or replace it then, to rip the game from the umd you need a working psp with custom firmware installed on it. i guess you could try a friend's psp too if you know anyone with a hacked psp.
(07-12-2012, 04:28 AM)serio Wrote: with it being broken, i guess you can't see anything at all?

you need to repair or replace it then, to rip the game from the umd you need a working psp with custom firmware installed on it. i guess you could try a friend's psp too if you know anyone with a hacked psp.

Can't i just rip the firmware on the PC? (noob in the subject)
a pc can't read umd disks the games are on, only some special umd readers can. a psp's already equipped with an umd reader, but with just original firmware you can't access the game disk any way other than to play it.

you need custom firmware on your psp to convert the umd into iso file and copy it to memory stick/pc.