This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP hangs on every iso
Hi, I decided to start this thread because I have a problem that appears to happen often but still no certain answer has been given. I downloaded the latest version of JPCSP (0.7) but when I try to run anything, I just get a black screen. I tried ripping the game again and trying different formats but I only ever got the black screen.

I don't think the problem is the game or my iso because in the umd loader you can see the intro movie playing. When I load the iso I get the black screen but the title of the window changes to the title of the game and I get either 1 or 2 fps. There are no files being created in the tmp folder which I understand means no decryption is taking place.

The weirdest part here is that not only doesn't it run ripped iso's, but it doesn't run either of the cube samples nor the I/O test. When i load them I get the same result as loading a ripped game. I also run into the same problem when I try to run the homebrews that come with the package (pong). Any help would be greatly appreciated. My specs:

Processor: Intel core duo 2GHz
Ram: 2.00GB

By the way, there are no error logs nor is there any output on the console.
btw you downloaded latest version is it from here
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

if not, try latest build from above link.
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
No, that wasn't it. I downloaded the newest build but I still have the same problem. It doesn't even run pong...
You have to create a log.At the menu Debug,Tools,logger,go to show logger, where its says off click once and press i,load your game,run it and wait.Close Jpcsp and upload the log
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
I attached the created log file in this post. There appear to be no errors and I see nothing out of the ordinary, but then again I don't understand everything. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 71.86 KB / Downloads: 143)
Sorry for wasting your time everyone. As it turns out, when you choose a file to load, the emulator does just that. It just LOADS the file, it doesn't run it. I fixed my problem by clicking run Confused. Sorry everyone!
I knew it but I wasn't sure about that.Its ok you are new here.If you have more problems just ask
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(07-13-2012, 11:57 AM)andre Wrote: help where can i download jpcsp games?

1. By dumping the PSP UMD to your computer from your PSP.
2. By purchasing and downloading the game via the PSN.
(08-04-2011, 07:45 PM)virgil94 Wrote: You have to create a log.At the menu Debug,Tools,logger,go to show logger, where its says off click once and press i,load your game,run it and wait.Close Jpcsp and upload the log

I was looking for this, 10x! is it possible to stick a post on "how to create a log"? I thought it was automatically generated and no surprise my log file was always 0 bytes...

/facepalm.
I did say you need to have the debug window open didn't I?