This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE screen, screen flickering and fullscreen
(11-26-2011, 04:28 PM)LeaT Wrote: Please provide a log file so we know what game it is about and your computer spec.

Oops, my bad its ys seven.......
Windows 7 64 bit sp1/ intel core i7/ ATI mobility radeon hd 5730 2gb ram/ memory: 4 gb ram/ catalyst version: 11.10
(08-02-2011, 10:06 AM)megaten666 Wrote: A lot of games has a problem, where when you enable GE screen, the screen begin to flicker. Common problem for Falcom games (Ys Seven, Ys vs Sora no Kiseki, Bleach Soul Carnival 2), in some games' movies (Bleach - Heat the Soul 3 & 6, Tales of VS for example) Definitely there are others too. Other games like Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 - Another Road, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3, sometimes Persona 1 remake during dungeon crawling (basically games with 3D environments according to my few experience), flickering like it goes back a few frames than display everything normal, then goes back a few frames again.

In the case of the latter phenomenon, it usually fixable if I enabling GE screen to texture instead of memory, but for me, that's results in a slower gameplay. Some times Max method size has to be set to a different value.

I use the emulator in fullscreen, enabling GE screen is mandatory, because without it, the game filling the screen's 1/4 part on the lower left. GE screen also gives a nice filter to the sprites, but that doesn't matter that much, fullscreen is more important to me.

Basically, my problem is that I can't use fullscreen properly without GE screen, I have ATI, so it gives birth to a chain of problems because that combo.

A proper fix may not exist right now, but Development team: can you do something about GE screen's malfunction. Or can you do something about the fullscreen without GE screen malfunction. Either would be great. Thank you.

Hello guys, i'm sorry to bump this thread after more than one year, but the fact is that this problem is still applying to me and my friend, we are trying to play Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3. We have Jpcsp v0.6 2958:2967. When the "Only GE graphics" is activated the FPS is nice (around 26) but the screen flickers/flashed all the time. If it is not activated, the screen does not flicker, BUT the FPS gets around 7 >> unplayable. This should have been fixed, right?

PS: Activating both the "Only GE graphics" and the "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" also gives flickering. No difference noticeable from this to "Only GE graphics" selected alone.

PS: I did nothing about Xuggler or SonicStage.

Any help is pretty much appreciated!
Indeed, I have the same problem here.

While playing tactics ogre, going through different game modes, either the game flickers if "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" is checked, either I have a white screen instead (or something which is the result of a graphic bug and doesn't help much.)