This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help plz!!!
ps2 
i am running Tekken 6 on jpcsp emulator i had had 512 mb Nvidia Geforce 8400GS video card then i played on it for a while the intro seems at normal speed but then when i just fight someone it's fps sucked monkey bawls
(fps go down) then i intend to buy a new 8400GS video card 1 GB i just played it again and nothing changed....why?
i waisted money help plzSad
my pc specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

System Model: OptiPlex GX620
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 344MB used, 2102MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
(05-12-2012, 07:46 AM)hafeez10 Wrote: i am running Tekken 6 on jpcsp emulator i had had 512 mb Nvidia Geforce 8400GS video card then i played on it for a while the intro seems at normal speed but then when i just fight someone it's fps sucked monkey bawls
(fps go down) then i intend to buy a new 8400GS video card 1 GB i just played it again and nothing changed....why?
i waisted money help plzSad
my pc specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

System Model: OptiPlex GX620
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 344MB used, 2102MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
dont turn the sound on,i guess this will help
another thing go to task manager and make the jpcsp's priority high
and try the frame skipping
Quote:then i intend to buy a new 8400GS video card 1 GB i just played it again and nothing changed....why?
8400 is ancient and long out of production, adding more ram to it won't speed it up. you'd have to buy a newer model.

jpcsp is also heavily using the cpu since it's java based.
hafeez10, your Intel Pentium 4 CPU is the major problem, followed by your 8400GS graphics card. They're both too slow and underpowered for JPCSP. And you really need to reevaluate your logic if you don't want to waste any more money. You thought that your graphics card was too slow, and so you bought another 8400GS and expect it to be faster than your...umm, 8400GS? If you want something faster, then don't buy the same card that you currently have. You would've been better off buying more system RAM instead, but even adding more system RAM won't make JPCSP run any faster on your PC since the main bottlenecks are your CPU and graphics card. You pretty much need a whole new system since it's not possible to upgrade your CPU without replacing the mainboard and system RAM.
I agree with Itaru. Your computer is just too ancient to really run JPCSP effectively.
umm thanks for the advice guys but one more question is Gefocre GT430 enough for it? cause it supports directx 11

hey shinx i will try ur suggestions later thanks for the advice Big Grin
your main problem is the cpu, changing the gpu won't help much, if at all.
If you upgrade your GPU you need to upgrade your CPU because your current CPU will not be able to fully utilize that GPU. Furthermore, you most likely need to buy a new system anyway as it's doubtful you got the slots for that GPU, the power to run it and a motherboard that supports at least a semi-strong quad core CPU to fully utilize that GPU version.

Again, you would be better off buying a new system as upgrading one piece of hardware will most likely require a complete upgrade because you need to switch out your motherboard.