This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling with a PS3 Controller
psp 
Is there any possible way to use a PS3 controller in the JPCSP emulator?
It would be A LOT easier to play some games considering that computers don't have analog sticks.
[Image: 42b6b0d534da9258b1db12a948249476.png]
dunno about a ps3 controller but my ps2 one shows up / works fine, although the analog is too sensitive on the GUI (ie: save/load menus makes it scroll up automatically) however it works perfect ingame.
Quote: (ie: save/load menus makes it scroll up automatically)
i get something a bit similar with mine, except in my case it's the dpad getting stuck and scrolling automatically in directions i don't press.

i think it has something to do with the mouse, since for some reason jpcsp's mouse driver shares the dpad area with the pad, so anything i set for the pad is also set for the mouse, and then it gets stuck while in game.

but on topic, yeah a ps3 controller should work if it's correctly detected by windows. if not, you can always use joy2key to bind your pad buttons to keys.
Thanks for the info guys, but what I'm asking is how exactly can I use a PS3 controller on it.

I use a 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium if this helps.
[Image: 42b6b0d534da9258b1db12a948249476.png]
(06-19-2011, 04:44 AM)Sorrow Wrote: Thanks for the info guys, but what I'm asking is how exactly can I use a PS3 controller on it.

I use a 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium if this helps.

you just need to select it in the pull-down menu under the controller dialog then set all the buttons , to the buttons you want to use on the controller.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If have trouble with the Sixaxis/DS3 when trying to use it in JPCSP, I suggest using MotioninJoy with the "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" mode. Mine wouldn't detect the D-Pad (plus L2 and R2 in other applications) until using that mode.
Sixaxis and dual shock 3 pad is working with MotioninJoy on JPSCP except Playstation 3 Mode.

Recomende used for now on JPSCP
- Playstation 1 mode is working without joysticks (This configuration first pad playstation one emulated)
- Playstation2' (POV,Joysticks,Analog,Trigger) (This configuration pads standard playstation two emulated)
- or emulated xbox360 controller.
[Image: 1388267.png]
sorry to revive a old thread but i cant get my controller to work im using a ds3 six axis controller im using motion joy i have selected xinput along with dxinput and then went to controller options and selected xbox360 emulator and tryed to input the buttons but it wouldnt let me, nor on ds3 along with the ps2 emulator i used on motion joy :/ i need help
Mine works perfectly with PS3 mode and XBOX360 mode. I also map the digital pad on the right analog stick so I can give to games like Final Fantasy Type 0 a PS2/3 feel of the camera controls. Try to use offline versions of DS3 Tool since the onlune ones tend to be really buggy.