This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fps limit off request
Any developers want to comment? Just wondering if this would even be a goal at some point.
r2945 includes a new menu entry to change the PSP clock speed.
Does it help to make these games run faster?
With this option, the speed of the Cube Demo can be changed:
- 50%: 30 FPS
- 75%: 45 FPS
- normal speed: 60 FPS
- 150%: 90 FPS
- 200%: 120 FPS
- 300%: 180 FPS

If not, then these games are already running at the limit of the PSP capabilities and cannot be changed to run faster...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
its... AWESOME! Just tried it on valkyria chronicles 2, and it ran perfect! Will try some more games. Such a great x-mas present, i've been holding off on playing a bunch of psp games because of this feature Smile
Been using cheat engine speed hack to achieve the same result, now I don't have to fire it up. Awesome work gid!
Good news that this feature has some positive effect on commercial games Smile
I was not expecting it would work so flawlessly...

I'm glad this helps.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Hey gid, I have a followup question. I've been learning some programming recently, and i wanted to see how you went about implementing the clock speed option. Can you tell me where it's located? I did a preliminary search in the GUI branch but i couldn't find it.

Also somewhat related, is the cwcheat module completely contained in the CheatsGUI file?
(05-04-2013, 07:29 PM)makotech222 Wrote: Hey gid, I have a followup question. I've been learning some programming recently, and i wanted to see how you went about implementing the clock speed option. Can you tell me where it's located? I did a preliminary search in the GUI branch but i couldn't find it.
The changes were introduced in r2945. So, you can check on google code which changes were required for the implementation:

https://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=2945

(05-04-2013, 07:29 PM)makotech222 Wrote: Also somewhat related, is the cwcheat module completely contained in the CheatsGUI file?
Yes, it is encapsulated in CheatsGUI. Most of the implementation is related to the support of the different cheat codes.