This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops + NTSC USA (ULUS10290)
(10-07-2012, 08:56 PM)kalsereousz Wrote: Macbook pro 2011, quadcore, 4gigram, OSX Lion

You can't install sonicstage (needed to get some audio in Jpcsp) on Mac OSX, you might want to look into 'bootcamp' and install a windows OS.
Otherwise I don't think there is much you can do.
Yes, and how to increase the growth of the FPS? After the game with similar graphics are much better than this.
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.
Game still with the boost problem; sometimes get fast for 1~3 seconds and then goes slow for 10 seconds making the same cycle over and over.

SoftwareMode doesn't fix any video glitch; in fact, is worse use it with SoftwareMode. All attached images are from SoftwareMode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   r2841x64 - MGSPO+ (InfoLog+Profiler).7z (Size: 145.51 KB / Downloads: 74)
[Image: montcer.png]
Hello everybody. I'm new in these forums and just starting to use Jpcsp.
So far I've managed to load Portable Ops and it seems to work fine: there's sound, music, cutscenes and reasonable playing speed with "vertex cache" activated.
However, the game freezes or crashes quite often, so I haven't managed to advance much.
As I've seen this game is only half-playable, I was wondering if this is normal, or it's because of my computer.
I'm using an HP laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits).
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.10 Ghz. 4 GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3540.

I know these specs aren't really much, but since the game seemed to play fine, I wanted to know if there's some solution to the crashes.
Thanks.
Do you have Java 6? If so, update it to Java 7.

Otherwise, you could attach an info log here.
[Image: montcer.png]
This game works perfectly fine on PPSSPP at 60 FPS on my AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ 2,28GHz (OC'ed).. PPSSPP at the moment use only one core. Big Grin Also, graphics are fine in game, better than on JPCSP.
yeah, but this is a jpcsp forum, not ppsspp. post your ppsspp comments in the right section.
tested latest revision r3129
and texture problems are gone
but game looses sound from time to time.
and its bit slow

and it freezes the emulator randomly