This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(06-09-2011, 03:04 PM)lucidox Wrote:
(06-09-2011, 02:58 PM)Crippled Wrote: Text works great, but slows down a lot to 10-15fps on my pc.

Which CPU/GPU are you running? I'm on a AMD Phenom II X4 and GeForce GTX 260.

C2d E8400 and geforce 9500gt, guess my gpu is too slow for shaders, without text it runs smooth.
(06-09-2011, 03:14 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: well the attached screenshot is with hyakkis configuration settings.

and here are his configuration settings i followed

the result is seen graphics suck but the dialogue text is indeed there is this the norm for everyone?

The backgrounds are showing correct with r2170.
edit: But I see you're using r2170.
(06-09-2011, 03:18 PM)Crippled Wrote: The backgrounds are showing correct with r2170.

Really? I'm getting the same background issue with 2170. Also, I noticed that maximizing seems broken in this build. My FPS also rose to 40-60 with shaders enabled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-09-2011, 03:53 PM)lucidox Wrote:
(06-09-2011, 03:18 PM)Crippled Wrote: The backgrounds are showing correct with r2170.

Really? I'm getting the same background issue with 2170. Also, I noticed that maximizing seems broken in this build. My FPS also rose to 40-60 with shaders enabled.

Disable "enable dynamic shader generation", then the backgrounds show up correctly.

Guess everything works now, hope the speed issues using shaders will be fixed and dialogs in fullscreen mode.
ok i got it working right but what about being able to save the game? i can't save a game at all something about system data some kind of error and then something about corrupt save data. whats the deal on saving the game is it possible to do so or are we sol?
for me is ok text and about average estable 20fps with Nvidia 8800 GPU Card but unplayable slowdown in the battles 4-30fps
[Image: 1388267.png]
in game hang on i'll post a screenshot of trying to save in game

(06-09-2011, 04:28 PM)Crippled Wrote: Save states or ingame saving?
Normal ingame saving works for me.

at any rate thats what is happening when either saving or trying to load while in game. i click on ok it just goes back to what you see in the screenshot. if i click on no then it gives me some error with a failure to load the game. i may try to do a save state but from what i understand using save states is pointless since they don't work from what i understand. yeah i pretty much have to use save snapshot load snapshot to be able to save my game progress.
(06-09-2011, 04:39 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: in game hang on i'll post a screenshot of trying to save in game

at any rate thats what is happening when either saving or trying to load while in game. i click on ok it just goes back to what you see in the screenshot. if i click on no then it gives me some error with a failure to load the game.
Could you post a log file at INFO level?
yeah give me a few and i will

(06-09-2011, 08:04 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-09-2011, 04:39 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: in game hang on i'll post a screenshot of trying to save in game

at any rate thats what is happening when either saving or trying to load while in game. i click on ok it just goes back to what you see in the screenshot. if i click on no then it gives me some error with a failure to load the game.
(06-09-2011, 08:38 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: yeah give me a few and i will

(06-09-2011, 08:04 PM)gid15 Wrote:

I have this problem with saving on FF4AfterYear, so what I did is to create a new folder and install the latest version there. Seem to solve the saving problem somehow.
heres is a text file with everything copied and pasted the logger was set at info level. i'll try the other guys suggestion on the new folder and see if that fixes anything.
alright it seems to have to do with corrupt system data. i'm not entirely sure why it gets corrupted but the game asks you if you want to save system data when you go to save a game. I clicked on the yes and thats when the trouble with everything begins. does anyone have or can anyone upload a non corrupt ULUS10560System folder? i tired the suggestion of install everything to a new folder it does the same thing as the original. so it has to have something to do with creating the system data in order to be able to save the game properly.

Attached Files
.txt   ff4loggerinfolevel.txt (Size: 29.32 KB / Downloads: 98)