This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A java question - can I have both 32 bit and 64 bit Java installed at the same time?
I'd very much like to play the emulator with sounds on, but I need 64 bit Java installed for other apps (Minecraft for instance, which is a lot more stable on 64 bit). Sooo the question is, can I have both 32 bit and 64 bit Java installed at the same time without them intervening with each other? And, if I install 32 bit Java, can I choose which version of Java to use as my "preferred version" for running other apps than Jpcsp (if those apps can work in both 64 bit and 32 bit mode?).

Also, I even can't seem to get the 64 bit version of Jpcsp to work. When I try to run an ISO in it, it just comes up with some error about not being able to load "xuggler-ferry" and freezes or doesn't do anything. It will also hang in the umd browser screen. Test.txt file reports the following:

Test.txt Wrote:2011-04-17 21:54:36,902 [GUI] ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Could not load library: xuggle-ferry; version: 3; Visit http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/faq/ to find common solutions to this problem

System & emu specs:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 XT 1 GB
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Jpcsp r2089 (64 bit obviously)
(04-17-2011, 09:39 PM)Finzy Wrote: I'd very much like to play the emulator with sounds on, but I need 64 bit Java installed for other apps (Minecraft for instance, which is a lot more stable on 64 bit). Sooo the question is, can I have both 32 bit and 64 bit Java installed at the same time without them intervening with each other? And, if I install 32 bit Java, can I choose which version of Java to use as my "preferred version" for running other apps than Jpcsp (if those apps can work in both 64 bit and 32 bit mode?).

Also, I even can't seem to get the 64 bit version of Jpcsp to work. When I try to run an ISO in it, it just comes up with some error about not being able to load "xuggler-ferry" and freezes or doesn't do anything. It will also hang in the umd browser screen. Test.txt file reports the following:

Test.txt Wrote:2011-04-17 21:54:36,902 [GUI] ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Could not load library: xuggle-ferry; version: 3; Visit http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/faq/ to find common solutions to this problem

System & emu specs:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 XT 1 GB
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Jpcsp r2089 (64 bit obviously)
Both jpcsp works here 32 and 64bit,also i have both java 32 and 64bit and i have xuggle instaled too.
Try disable "Use media engine and sonicstage" on your 64bit jpcsp and see if that fix/works.Wink
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
that will make his version videoless and without a lot of sounds, which is not what he wants though.

Quote:I'd very much like to play the emulator with sounds on
(04-17-2011, 11:28 PM)serio Wrote: that will make his version videoless and without a lot of sounds, which is not what he wants though.

Quote:I'd very much like to play the emulator with sounds on

But you HAVE to disable those if you play the 64 bit version. Thats why they say only use 32 bit if you want musics
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
yeah, and that's why he asks if he can use both java versions at once, so that he can have sound in jpcsp while using the 64 bit build for everything else.
You can have both version of Java installed. The start scripts should automatically select the right version, ie the x86 will find the 32bit installation and use it, the amd64 will find the 64bit installation. As for Minecraft, how is the launcher ? Is it just a simple JAR file to launch ? If that's the case, you can right click the file in Windows explorer and use the "Open with" submenu to chose the right JVM.

Have fun !
(04-18-2011, 12:03 AM)Orphis Wrote: You can have both version of Java installed. The start scripts should automatically select the right version, ie the x86 will find the 32bit installation and use it, the amd64 will find the 64bit installation. As for Minecraft, how is the launcher ? Is it just a simple JAR file to launch ? If that's the case, you can right click the file in Windows explorer and use the "Open with" submenu to chose the right JVM.

The Minecraft launcher is an .exe file, I don't know if it can be opened any other way. It does use java and jar files though, I assume the launcher is just used to open them.

Yeah, I also tried running the emulator with media engine and its options disabled, but that still resulted in the same xuggle-ferry error.

Thanks for the replies though, I guess I'll just download 32 bit Java and see what happens then. Wink

EDIT: By the way, do I absolutely need SonicStage installed in order to hear any audio, or is it just used for decoding music/video?
any at3 format audio. of course the psp uses more formats than that, so you'll hear some sound even without it, but with it it'll be considerably more.

also you can just download the "linux/other" version of the minecraft launcher. it's a jar file. it works on windows too.