This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 3 - ULJM05781
The Special Edition worked fine for me. Maybe post a Log-File at INFO-level, so the devs can take a look at it?
Nevermind, I've got over the black screen problem (forgot to decrypt PGD). But now I've got another one which is the same for Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3: When I get to the beginning of the game, I cannot fight. It doesn't load . There is an image display that there is no download content found in your memory stick.
I've been playing around with the stuff you can unlock via the having specific savegames in the ms0 folder and using the first option of the extra-menu at the title screen. It works well and all the stuff that should get unlocked get unlocked, however upon restarting the emulator the extra content will be locked again.
The data about the stuff you unlocked is still in the savegame though and if you re-unlock it via the extra menu it will be there again. You don't loose any experience or scores this way, all will be as it was the last time you saved.
The savegames needed in the ms0 folder can be found here: http://valkyriachronicles3.wordpress.com...c-content/

On a sidenote, it's seems that some of the sound-issues dissapered, now that a new version of xuggler is used.
Specifically the problems when morale is maxed or the tank gets removed from the battlefield(where the specific sounds start looping until the end of the battle).
Regression testing with r3137(compiled it myself):

Music still isn't looping correctly, since files larger than 10,7MB get decrypted only partially. Using atrac3plus2wav.exe decrypts the whole file, resulting in correct loops, however any music after the 1:03 minutes-mark is stuttering until the end of the file.

Similar to ULUS10515(Valkyria Chronicles 2), unlocked content now stays unlocked(reunlocking as mentioned in my last post is no longer required).

Also like VC2, the password in the extras-menu is not working.

Other than that, the game seems stable on this revision(I played a few battles without any issues).

This was tested with the 32bit-version.
Please post a log on the info setting, so the devs can see where the problem is coming from.
(05-04-2013, 09:09 AM)hyakki Wrote: Please post a log on the info setting, so the devs can see where the problem is coming from.

Thanks for the reminder hyakki, but I wasn't actually looking for that error to get fixed since, as far as I see, the error is not on the side of jpcsp, but an inabilty of the decoders to decode the music correctly. The looping of music works, if the music file has the right length(as when using atrac3plus2wav.exe).
The only reason it doesn't loop without atrac3plus2wav.exe, is that the end of file is never reached(since the file doesn't include the end).

I guess I could try to decode the files manually to prove my claim, but I don't really know how I could do that.
I just tested the extra edition(E2; ULJM5957) with r3137. The decoding errors are the same as the basic version(as I expected). The only other thing worth mentioning, is that when importing a savegame from the basic game, anything that has been unlocked, will be unlocked for E2 as well.
I didn't do any playtesting with r3137 as of yet, but since it worked fine a few revisions ago, I suspect it's as stable as the basic game.

About the decoding error: Is anyone else experiencing this with this game?(stuttering at the end of the muic-file when using atrac3plus2wav.exe). As I said, I'm pretty sure the error isn't in JPCSP but the decoder.
I discovered that the music-files in the temp-folder can be replaced without a problem. This means that it's possible to add custom music. And as long as the music is the same lenght or longer than the music the game is expecting, the loops will work without a problem.
I tested this by replacing Atrac-0008509C-09DE6C00-443AF36A.wav with Valkyria Chronicles III Main Theme (Short ver.).mp3 from the Original Soundtrack for VC3(after converting the file to wav).
I managed to use all passwords for this game known to me without problem now.
The game expects the input to be in unicode-full-width but since thats not the standard-output our keyboards provide I had to convert the passwords before copy-pasting them into the input window.
I've just started playing VC3 and I've encountered the non-looping bgm problem. Are there any new developments?