This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505
(11-23-2011, 03:01 PM)ventusrocks Wrote: I have a question about SonicStage:

Ok, so I used to have JPCSP, media engine, and SonicStage all working in perfect sync (got to watch high-def movies and listen to all music). Then, I inserted another hard drive into my computer with Windows XP on it (which brings my second question, which will come later), and tried playing the game on XP. I had to install SonicStage on the XP, but t all worked fine. Then I try playing it again on my Windows 7 hard drive (not partition; hard drive), and then the music wouldn't work at all. I deleted the TMP folder, made sure all of my settings were right, and still nothing. Then I uninstalled SS and then reinstalled it, still nothing. What's the matter? Why won't it work? Oh, and it also won't play files that it should play, it just crashes. So what should I do? (Not sure if it works on the XP partition still; have to try it out).

Second question:

So I played the game on my XP partition. I could be wrong, but I think the game might have gone faster. So my question is, should the game go faster on my XP drive than my 7 drive? Even though I can only use 3/4 of my RAM (I have 4 and only 3 is allowed on 32-bit), doesn't XP use less resources? So question restated, should JPCSP work faster on an XP machine with 7 stats?

Thanks for any and all help!

EDIT: This was all playing Dissidia Duodecim ULES.

Just because XP can't use that last batch of RAM, other programs can. XP is just denied doing so. As for going faster, it could be as XP is generally still the fatest Microsoft OS on the market (but Win 7 is getting close). XP also demands far less resources (again Win 7 is getting close), so that answers that.

About the harddrive error, did you have both of the harddrives connected at the same time or just one at any time? Also, are you talking about separate JPCSP installs? I am kind of confused of what you did, exactly. Please provide with some more info about it.

@Alex, did you try vertex cache but without some shader options? The recommended settings for full speed require almost all of the shaders and whatnot to be turned on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - by LeaT - 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM