This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aedis Eclipse - Generation of Chaos [USA] ULUS10242
it is stated as intro play only on compatibility list but i found this is playable on r1925 or before (at least i tried r1772).

This game would not start from r1926 onwards, getting black screen right at the begining.

r1925: (played 2 stages so far)

Use media engine
(not using sonic center for better gameplay -check below)
Shaders +2d rendering - seems better ?
(background black out seems to happens less) maybe just an illusion

fps 60, petty stable, everything smooth except no voice and mpeg audio stream (which can be enabled by sonic but the hanging bit from voice makes everything annoying)

1-3.jpg attached as sample

Several issues

Voice data cannot be decoded internally and cannot be decoded externally

not using sonic : Sound Thread Undecodable AT3+ data detected.
using sonic : AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder.
this will cause HIMDRENDER.exe getting error and pop up "close application window" but it would not kill the emulator
I tried to replace the old himdrender with the new one from 1933+, that will be better without error but will give a "hang" on audio for a sec everytime there is a voice acting.

Background turns black after a period of time

looks like some error happened when i played Valkyria Chronicles II, which solved after turning up shaders options from r20xx onwards.
But I couldnt test this on any version higher than r1925, as the game doesnt run ~.~

attached 4.jpg for reference.

This issue can be kind of solved by saving frequently, so far restart->load game works fine for me.

r1926+ (up to 2042, none works)

attached the starting log from r1926 and r2042, basically couldnt get the game started as it blacks out.

Would be great if someone can figure how why it doesnt work from r1926+, difference between 1926 and 1925 was just (Improved the PSP Thread scheduling to better match the PSP. Based on test results from taskScheduler.prx)

if it can be run from latest version with new setting and such, maybe those problems are solved already.

Meanwhile it is still playable, just expect to restart and load game once a while.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.html   black screen r1926.html (Size: 21.07 KB / Downloads: 132)
.html   black screen r2042.html (Size: 19.93 KB / Downloads: 128)
Could you please post a DEBUG level log for this game using the latest rev? Just a few seconds after pressing run should be enough. Thanks! Smile
attached r2044 debug level log

config:
only media center

Attached Files
.rar   r2044 10s debug level log.rar (Size: 79.87 KB / Downloads: 108)
Code:
sceIoChangeAsyncPriority invalid fd=54
Any improvement in r2045?
just tried with r2048, able to get in game normally now.
but it hangs in gamplay after a period of time (faster than r1925)
tested a few times, just put the game running for a while (idle or playing) and this gonna pop and get errors.
"sceGeListEnQueue can't enqueue duplicate list address"

attached a log file for your reference

config:
media center only

Attached Files
.rar   hanged in gameplay log.rar (Size: 41.24 KB / Downloads: 88)
Code:
sceGeListEnQueue can't enqueue duplicate list address
Is there an improvement in r2049?
looks good, been running for an hr without error until i get these sort of things. which happened right after loading state and caused graphic glitches

Unknown/unimplemented video command [unk 0x52](hex=00324F43,int=3297091,float=0.000000) at 0x08B9A604

prim Invalid vertex address 0x10bbb826

Reading GE list from invalid address 0x10ccc124

Could be due to using save states, loading them is unstable sometime.
but able to restart -> retry -> then save game normal -> restart -> load game normally then everything fixed again.

would test some more when free, attached a log for 2050

Attached Files
.rar   2050 log.rar (Size: 31.63 KB / Downloads: 92)
Hello, seem to have the game stop functioning properly. Such as where the princess has her sprite load in at the school before you get to fight the bugs. For mid world when the aqua knights are involved in the battle it either freezes when you go to defend after setting the front line commander etc or when attacking you can cycle through formation etc but you cant click (Select not using mouse) any of them. Some graphics cause it to freeze up without loading the sprites know what should load from experience but it does not. Minimal usage once it locks up saving reloading does not seem to do it for me either. In high world as well certain sprites will not load and it does the freeze on menus or during scene would have to attempt to play high world again to report it better. Can not seem to get by the first stages have attempted most settings and around every 3 revs since 2050. Just reporting it as non-playable for me still looking forward to playing this game on the PC Smile Ran media with sonic.

P.S. did try playing the way earlier revisions too but could not get that to function half the time either 2050 worked better than earlier versions.

Edit: Clarify in ()
Interestingly that game I've been playing since 2 weeks now. I started playing it with rev2100 and continued after a few chapters with rev2132.
After playing for a while, using rev2100, I encountered a memory related error message and simply tried "-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m" to see if it would change things to the better... since then I never had any error in this game again. Sorry, haven't tried anything lower, because I don't need to.

Note: The game itself is reported to be programmed badly in the way of missing sprites on battle-maps from time to time in some chapters. Yes, even on a real PSP. This can be solved by loading a save from the world map or resetting the PSP and then loading the save from the battle-map. Yes, this tip works in JPCSP too.

The attached screenshot proves that I am near the end of this game.

My PC setup:
i5-750 @stock
Geforce GTS250
4GB RAM
Win7 64Bit
Java 32Bit

Emu settings:
Video
-Use shaders
-Enable dynamic shader generation

Media
-Use MEdia Engine
-Decode audio with SonicStage

Btw. the "Options\Video\Filters" setting gets ignored in rev2132 (always uses anisotropic when set once). In rev2100 it works as it should.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-19-2011, 10:27 AM)BinarySlave Wrote: Interestingly that game I've been playing since 2 weeks now. I started playing it with rev2100 and continued after a few chapters with rev2132.
After playing for a while, using rev2100, I encountered a memory related error message and simply tried "-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m" to see if it would change things to the better... since then I never had any error in this game again. Sorry, haven't tried anything lower, because I don't need to.

Ill try that and edit this post with results thanks for timely response Smile

OK so that helped a little I now see where she can go through door etc its not a matter of memory I think for me I last around twice as long through the conversations sometimes or when the alarm goes off the prof comes up as diamonds and it freezes. tried with video settings on and off on 2132 and 2142 messed around with cache allowances and other settings a little bit but nothing that makes a huge change going to try a new midworld next in case my save itself is corrupt for whatever reason. Manage to make it to mid world world map usually Smile but like I said aqua knights don't load at all and it locks up hrmmm. . . . Any other suggestions?

((How would I go about getting my log info and screen shot stuff to show what im running and where it is not working to better be able to assist and be assisted? Did some new settings on it but still not really freezes because animation is there but gets stuck and unable to load sections. . . .))