This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help running the program
psp 
i am using ubuntu 10.10

i have installed the jre and everything and tried to run the .sh file and it said PERMISSION DENIED so i did it with sudo and i get COMMAND NOT FOUND i tried to make it executable by issueing the chmod +x command and still nothing happens, but i have discovered in the readme file that you need to provide options after the .jar or the .sh (the readme said to run the .sh but also the .jar in the bin directory what does each one do and which is which) i did what it said to load a umd file and i just got a jumble of letters and numbers and nothing happens (it didn't even return to the prompt) so i had to to ctrl+c to cancel the process now when i issued the option to run the umd same thing happens all letters and stuff but no game what do i forget to do or what do i have to install/uninstall to get this thing to work
Make sure that you can run the "java" command or add it to your $PATH. Then, make the sh executable (chmod +x *.sh) and run it ! If it doesn't work, check the rights on your computer.