This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EBOOT.BIN Decryption
OK, I finally had the time to test the new decryption engine and I have a few thoughts:

1) On my machine the decryption process is rather long, about 10-20 secs. It would be good to save the decrypted eboot.bin in the TMP dir as well so when I run it again the emulator uses the already decrypted version. Of course I always can pre-decrypt the games (I still prefer it that way for now).

2) This would be true especially for the bigger data files (Kingdom Hearts is about 600 MB of crypted data files) once the PGD decrypting is in place.

3) This has not so much to do with the eboot.bin decrypting but more a general thing: The whole TMP situaton annoys me a bit: Every time I switch to a new revision I have to carry the new pre-decrypted data files with me while deleting the whole WAV files. I would prefer a setting for the TMP path (or whatever) so I can set it to a path I choose (much like the UMD path). Same goes for the save path.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(02-06-2011, 03:34 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: OK, I finally had the time to test the new decryption engine and I have a few thoughts:

1) On my machine the decryption process is rather long, about 10-20 secs. It would be good to save the decrypted eboot.bin in the TMP dir as well so when I run it again the emulator uses the already decrypted version. Of course I always can pre-decrypt the games (I still prefer it that way for now).

2) This would be true especially for the bigger data files (Kingdom Hearts is about 600 MB of crypted data files) once the PGD decrypting is in place.

3) This has not so much to do with the eboot.bin decrypting but more a general thing: The whole TMP situaton annoys me a bit: Every time I switch to a new revision I have to carry the new pre-decrypted data files with me while deleting the whole WAV files. I would prefer a setting for the TMP path (or whatever) so I can set it to a path I choose (much like the UMD path). Same goes for the save path.

1) Indeed. I was thinking about adding some sort of option to allow extraction of decrypted versions of data. Since this will be required for savedata, it may be a good idea to supply it too for PRX and avoid calling the CryptoEngine every time.

2) Same as 1.

3) Don't worry, I haven't forgot about this request. Wink
I'm planning a total rewrite of the TMP working folder mechanics. It will have to support decrypted data saving for savedata, EBOOT and PGD stuff (and also, for a near future, certain user modules), so, I'll be adding these changes as soon as I get savedata encryption/decryption running perfectly. Smile
(02-06-2011, 06:04 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(02-06-2011, 03:34 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: OK, I finally had the time to test the new decryption engine and I have a few thoughts:

1) Indeed. I was thinking about adding some sort of option to allow extraction of decrypted versions of data. Since this will be required for savedata, it may be a good idea to supply it too for PRX and avoid calling the CryptoEngine every time.

2) Same as 1.

I'm planning a total rewrite of the TMP working folder mechanics. It will have to support decrypted data saving for savedata, EBOOT and PGD stuff (and also, for a near future, certain user modules), so, I'll be adding these changes as soon as I get savedata encryption/decryption running perfectly. Smile

Ah, OK. I then just wait and see. BTW, are you planning on ENCRYPTING the savegames as well so I can use the saves from JPCSP on the PSP or is the feature more like decrypt the PSP savegame and then save it to a plain savegame file from there on with no way to going back?
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(02-06-2011, 06:20 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:

2) Same as 1.

Ah, OK. I then just wait and see. BTW, are you planning on ENCRYPTING the savegames as well so I can use the saves from JPCSP on the PSP or is the feature more like decrypt the PSP savegame and then save it to a plain savegame file from there on with no way to going back?

No, I'm also planning to allow saving encrypted savedata too, since there are specific savedata modes in sceUtility just for that and it could help testing some of the encryption schemes employed by the chnnlsv module in the PSP.
(02-06-2011, 07:49 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(02-06-2011, 06:20 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:

2) Same as 1.

No, I'm also planning to allow saving encrypted savedata too, since there are specific savedata modes in sceUtility just for that and it could help testing some of the encryption schemes employed by the chnnlsv module in the PSP.

Well this is my first reply thread and I'd like to say...yes, using encrypted savedata on real PSP is the feture I want most....
hi,
decrypted eboot whitout psp is it possible?
(02-17-2011, 01:51 PM)br222 Wrote: hi,
decrypted eboot whitout psp is it possible?

Not for downloaders
As of r1993 PRX decryption has been restricted to boot modules, to avoid the crashes BlackDaemon was referring to.

Also, the TMP folder handling has been improved, as requested by Darth1701. It can now be changed to any other folder, plus, it also supports decrypted EBOOT.BIN extraction.

The EBOOT.BIN extraction has to be turned on under Options>Configuration>Crypto>"Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN to TMP folder". Also, only one file at a time is extracted, because it's not possible to keep trace of the game's DISC ID during the Loader stages without some tough code changes. Fortunately, this also works as a great anti-piracy measure.

If you haven't figure out yet, JPCSP allows reading of unpacked boot modules, which means you can place your decrypted boot module in the working directory and it will be loaded instead of the ISO/CSO's original EBOOT.BIN/BOOT.BIN.
All you have to do is name it as [DISC ID].BIN and place it were you have your start batch file.

So, if you load a game with this option turned on, it's decrypted EBOOT.BIN will be stored in the current TMP folder in a EBOOT folder. All you have to do next is manually rename it to [DISC ID].BIN and copy it to the working directory to save the emulator a call to the CryptoEngine. Tongue
So with the option turned on the eboot will be extracted to the tmp folder and then you rename it to the disc ID and place it in the main jpcsp directory where the launching file (start-windows-x86 in my case) is located, right?

P.S You probably know this already but in rev 1993, the new "Enable saving GE screen to Texture" is missing.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(02-17-2011, 08:55 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: P.S You probably know this already but in rev 1993, the new "Enable saving GE screen to Texture" is missing.
That's right.Sad