This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware
Would be any possibility to be able to run the PSP Firmware? Tongue
?!? what firmware man?!? there was another thread about this, so no, there is no way to run it, because the emulator isn't actually the PSP operational system, it only emulates the code Tongue
(01-05-2011, 09:22 AM)Kazuma1 Wrote: Would be any possibility to be able to run the PSP Firmware? Tongue

I need a bazooka to erase people who dare to ask such a question.

Seriously, I'm fed up with explaining why such an endeavor is not the right thing to do :

- most hardware is unknown.
- low-level emulation is far slower than high-level emulation.

Emulation of old consoles like PSX, GBA, N64, DC, etc. was done in low-level because the way the games were programmed.

PSP is at a very different level : the game cannot have its own "kernel" code, cannot directly mess with the hardware. You need to use an accepted API of functions to do so. It's perfect for a high-level emulation and allows to get rid of slow part emulation of the processor. The other emulators still need to emulate those slow parts of their processor because they still need to interpret their firmware, making their HLE counterpart less efficient.
I totally agree with you, but man do you think he'll understand what you said Big Grin
(01-12-2011, 05:25 PM)sashodada Wrote: I totally agree with you, but man do you think he'll understand what you said Big Grin

surely not but i think he knows what a bazooka is Big Grin