This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System requirement for the PSCP to run?
I cannot find the system requirements for this program anywhere. I have a pretty old machine.

Every time I try and start pscp.exe it crashes.

My system specs are:

Nvidia GeForce 4200 with AGP8X
AMD +2000
1.5 Gigs of ram.
Windows XP SP3

I know pretty slow huh? Is it just that I have a way too old machine or what?

Why won't the program even start?
(01-02-2011, 08:44 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: I cannot find the system requirements for this program anywhere. I have a pretty old machine.

Every time I try and start pscp.exe it crashes.

My system specs are:

Nvidia GeForce 4200 with AGP8X
AMD +2000
1.5 Gigs of ram.
Windows XP SP3

I know pretty slow huh? Is it just that I have a way too old machine or what?

Why won't the program even start?

I think the problem is your graphics card. It only supports OpenGL 1.4 where PCSP requires OpenGL 2.0
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Cause I was thinking it was the fact that the PSP runs on a dual core, whereas my CPU is a single core.

Can I download the newest Open GL? or are you saying my GPU just doesn't support it?
(01-02-2011, 09:13 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: Cause I was thinking it was the fact that the PSP runs on a dual core, whereas my CPU is a single core.

Can I download the newest Open GL? or are you saying my GPU just doesn't support it?

I think NVidia stopped supporting your model a long time ago. Check NVidia's site for the latest drivers. I'm pretty sure you won't get 2.0 support but you could try. Single-core is not the problem.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Well i have a newer computer that I got. And I am sure it runs fine, I just wanted to upgrade the Graphics card, CPU and more memory. Do you know of any website where I could find out which CPU Graphics and memory to buy for that machine?
(01-02-2011, 09:28 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: Well i have a newer computer that I got. And I am sure it runs fine, I just wanted to upgrade the Graphics card, CPU and more memory. Do you know of any website where I could find out which CPU Graphics and memory to buy for that machine?

No idea, sorry
Well I was able to get the emulator to run on my laptop so i guess i will have to use that from now on.