This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Brave Story: New Traveler - ULUS10279
Alright, so I'm new here, but I am vet when it comes to emulation, just never been into posting on forums much. What can I say, I'm a reader. I have tried and tried and tried to get this game to run with JPCSP. Although there are posts that make note that earlier builds can play the game, there is unfortunately no where left to find those old builds. They are so legacy that nobody bothered to keep active links for them. I have come crazily close though. Unfortunately, the game only ran at 21-24 fps (which is just fine), but the cut-scenes were always at 4fps, and there were many graphical glitches I just couldn't resolve. One specific one was the occasional missing texture, or sometimes even missing polys!

You're alternatives aren't any better either. Even the renown PPSSPP has its issues with this game. (I'd like to make a note, that the latest version of PPSSPP runs this game perfectly, with the exception of cut-scenes, which are completely visually absent. However, game play runs at 60fps.)
I thought it might be due to my rig, but it definitely isn't. I think that JPCSP may not ever play this game right though. As for PPSSPP? Well they're getting close to fixing the video, is a problem for many games in PPSSPP (yeah alright, every game). Still, my advice? Get JPCSP for everything else, because its the better emulator at the moment(although the latest build of PPSSPP as of this post makes me rock hard). But if you really want to play this game, run it on PPSSPP and watch the cut-scenes online. Other wise, there are plenty of other fantastic RPGs that run just fine on JPCSP.
What's wrong with this game on jpcsp ? Last time I tried it, it played just fine...
SoapyCola:
Use attach file setting the cut-scenes will 30-31 fps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-14-2013, 03:41 PM)digiadventures Wrote: What's wrong with this game on jpcsp ? Last time I tried it, it played just fine...

Well, from what I can tell, on JPCSP, this game runs into a bit of a wall. Either you A. have to have the shaders + Ge to texture (and dynamic shaders if you use ATI), to be able to watch the videos with decent fps. Or B. you don't have the shaders on, and are actually able to see the opening screen where you load game. And pretty much any screen that isn't 3d. I've tried all the possible combinations, there is really no fixing it.
(06-15-2013, 08:05 AM)SoapyCola Wrote: Well, from what I can tell, on JPCSP, this game runs into a bit of a wall. Either you A. have to have the shaders + Ge to texture (and dynamic shaders if you use ATI), to be able to watch the videos with decent fps. Or B. you don't have the shaders on, and are actually able to see the opening screen where you load game. And pretty much any screen that isn't 3d. I've tried all the possible combinations, there is really no fixing it.

I just tested on r3200 and everything is working fine with shaders and ge to texture on, including loading game and I even started new game.

Maybe it's hardware related issue ? Do you have dedicated graphics card ( not intel )
I have nvidia...
Testing this game using the recommended settings in this thread (using 3200 and the latest 32 bit builds). I get a pink screen upon game load (I can keep hitting buttons to get past it) and I do not see the beginning menu so I can make a selection on new game, etc. It is just a black screen.

Any ideas?
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
Intel Core i5-4690K - OC'ed to 4.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro H105
Indigo Xtreme 115X-XS Metallic TIM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit