This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
requirments for jpcsp for full speed
I know that one day this emulator will be just like the GBA emulator, better than PSP itself running bug-free with flawless graphics- and yeah, hardware dont change a thing on this emulator, my pc is old as hell (PentiumD 3,4 , 1gb RAM, nvidia geforce 5500FX) and the game runs just like the other guys runs... around 15 fps. (runign with GE graphics only improve framerate for cutcenes and avi. actually in-game runs better without it (for CRISIS CORE)!
Requirments Doesn't mean at all with PSP Games !
The emulator use JAVA .. with the java system everything going to be slow ( animation - textures - audio - even movements ) .. so Hopefully we can see new emulator that can run the PSP games without the JAVA system .
(01-25-2011, 08:22 AM)unlimax Wrote: Requirments Doesn't mean at all with PSP Games !
The emulator use JAVA .. with the java system everything going to be slow ( animation - textures - audio - even movements ) .. so Hopefully we can see new emulator that can run the PSP games without the JAVA system .

Bull...
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(01-25-2011, 08:22 AM)unlimax Wrote: Requirments Doesn't mean at all with PSP Games !

well im actually studying system´s engineering, and know some things about programming in java(OOP) and c++languaje (but im a f***ing noob compared to the jpcsp dev team XD), i know perfectly that your comment is pure trolling, the java capabilities has increased in these years, and actually, have a BIG REALLY BIG potential, used in european and latinoamerican companies (i didn´t have information about usa, sorry).

jpcsp (not java) in terms of speed need more work, is the same with the pcsx2 code(ps2 emulator) some time ago, was slow like hell, but today with MUCH work and inventive, its a capable emu, jpcsp (not java, f**k understand that) need some time.

please, read some (in your case A LOT) about java before commenting f**ing nonsence things, dont be a ignorant.

PD: moderators, sorry, i use the work f***k so many times, i apologize for that.
Yeah, Java may be enough in most applications. But it still has some flaws in some domains. I'm not expecting much more improvements in speed term for JPCSP because I still think Java is not the proper language for such an emulator if you target the performance. For game compatibility, it's easier to code in Java than in C/C++ and assembly and it is not that useless in this regard. C# and D may be also as good candidate as Java.
java requires more than minimum requirements for decent work, but you win in portability across platforms, operating systems including linux, mac os x, solaris and others systems Smile
apart from this,
There will be a game that works decently or full speed perfect and other that works very slowly for unknown reasons.

with JPCSP you remember when running and it was a merit more than 2-10fps in the beginning? and now some games run at a decent speed improvements especially in 3D games is abysmal.

O With other projects like Dolphin and PCSX2 emu's running to 5-30PS wretched in its infancy on year 2003-2006 Big Grin

We appreciate the efforts of all I think that's the essence of emulation look what had at first and what we have now
[Image: 1388267.png]
I am curious to hear what you would say would be good RAM speed for JPCSP, or is the model type more important i.e. DDR3 over DDR2? I am running both and this is the only part I haven't actually changed in my hardware and I experience the same speed as I did before upgrading my system.

I just like the fact I don't have to squeeze my eyes when I run on the PC.