This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Modus enabled and working! Amazing Discovery!
first, hello all, ive been reading this forum for about a week testing jpcsp..
great work on the emu, its been forever since the psp released and finally you guys managed to emulate it, cheers to that!

so back to topic, i couldnt believe what i just saw, so i had to create account here and report!

so ive been testing several titels, today i tried FF Type-0 again since it has very good speed for me, way better than duodesim.. im not very familar with the game (all japanese) so im not really sure what happend...

first i tried to enter multiplayer modus, as expected it didnt work, complaining about psp1000 (you can only play this title in multiplayer with psp2000 and up)

so i enter mission modus and load a lvl 99 complete savegame just to mess around with some of the skills, items and spells... but befor i could enter the mission the menu asked for some stuff, i dont know what since the translation spredsheet doesnt have these menus covered.

but what i know, it once again gave the error message about psp1000

so it finally loaded the mission, unfortunatly, mission one (lol ive played this like 3 times already untill i figured the main menu to save xD )

but you will never believe what happened next...

one of my chars changed to a black shadow and his name stating: GUEST 1

he was running towards me and i was like wooooaaaaahhhhhtt!

then i tried running around him try to interact with him, but he disconnected. shortly another two joined the game while i was trying to grab a nice screen shot.

this people even got SPP for beeing in my game...

also this bring alot of questions:

how could they connect with my game, no firewall alert, no open ports, my router should block everything..

i try to recreate the event and look at my tcp connections to see whats going on...

could ff type-0 not use ad hoc to connect ?

also not sure what caused the grafic glitches, maybe the multiplayer..
it got worse when someone connected.. never had them befor.

oh and f5 for screenshot seems a little out of place Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

interesting, i'll take a look when I get some free time.
you had to use a save game to enter multiplayer?
well yes i coulnt enter multiplayer.

it sais that the game can only be played in multiplayer with psp 2000 and up and that im using a psp 1000 (i guess)

so i enter mission modus, and yes you have to load a savegame.
ive tried my "playtrou" savegame but i didnt reach disk2 yet so it didnt work.

with the complete savegame i can choose whatever mission, i tried another mission and again someone connected Smile

also i checked my firewall, it sais no connections
dont know how much i can trust that comodo monitor to find all connections..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

perhaps they are just bots then
i have thought about that
searched if the game has bots but found nothing..

but why would they switch my 3 lvl 99 chars for lvl 20 bots and giving spp (multiplayer currency) to them
maybe to give a online feeling in offline modus?
at one point i had 2 guests at the same time and coulnt switch chars anymore...

so it doesnt really feels like bots... but still may be possible...
(02-03-2012, 08:33 AM)cluster Wrote: i have thought about that
searched if the game has bots but found nothing..

but why would they switch my 3 lvl 99 chars for lvl 20 bots and giving spp (multiplayer currency) to them
maybe to give a online feeling in offline modus?
at one point i had 2 guests at the same time and coulnt switch chars anymore...

so it doesnt really feels like bots... but still may be possible...

They're bots Big GrinD. You didn't enter the "real" multiplayer mode Big Grin. The bots get spp not you :/. This is the first game I saw where it matters which psp model you have.
[Image: indexkd.jpg] pingutino: Your heart knows the truth Wink
only bots
There (should be/is) technicaly a way that you can fool a game think that you have a PSP 2000 both on JPCSP and a normal PSP. I think it uses a syscall to get the revision of your hardware. You could inject a plugin that returns a faulse/fake answer which would be PSP 2000, PSP 3000 etc. I also guess that the value about the revision no. is stored on the memory as a simple value and you could edit it, no wonder where though.
gid15 explained how to do it here in the game thread.
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid119000

Closing thread
since two topics on the same issue can get confusing.