This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black/White Screen when loading game
Quote:nvidia is better than ati right?
yeah.

you could also wait until the software renderer is ready. it'll be slower but maybe it'll work better for you.
Okay, thanks. So do you use nvdia graphics?
yeah, mine's a geforce 9500 gt.

it's pretty old these days, but it was all i needed at the time and it was really cheap too. it's not too shabby either, i can play skyrim on it without any major hiccups. lol

but you might want to go for a newer model, since i dunno if they even still sell those these days other than used.
yeah, i planning to buy geforce gt 440. what do you think? will it work? Also i want to ask : which is better? AMD or Intel?
(02-09-2012, 03:28 AM)takerukain Wrote: yeah, i planning to buy geforce gt 440. what do you think? will it work? Also i want to ask : which is better? AMD or Intel?

A GT 440 will do the job, but stay away from the DDR3 version and make sure to get the GDDR5 version of the GT 440 since it's the fastest version. For the CPU, Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs win by far.
Intel Sandy Bridge.... is it the one with socket LGA 1155 such as i3 2100? DDR5 is better than DDR3. thanks for the info!