This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - ULUS10512
(12-07-2010, 03:50 AM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(12-04-2010, 05:57 PM)Butz_san Wrote: With revision 1879 the game is not playable, due to crappy sound repeting over and over again >_<, make the emu freeze sometimes >_<

Edit: Revision 1881 fixed the freeze (sound) problem but the videos (The intro and stuff like that) still don't play, just black screen >_<

Are you using shaders? If so turn them off.

Not, I'm not using shaders Sad. It is the same in revision 1884 Sad. But not using media engine make the game playable and it's actually faster than before Smile
People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
(12-07-2010, 05:37 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Not, I'm not using shaders Sad. It is the same in revision 1884 Sad. But not using media engine make the game playable and it's actually faster than before Smile
Strange, videos work flawlessly in 1884 (with or without shaders), but some of the sound effect are still not played fully.
So I don't know what you guys mean by r1791 or r1884 or whatever...I'm new to this. All I know is that A)I downloaded the latest version of JCPSP and B) I tried all the config options suggested in this thread and the game still says "Critical Error: Check Console for Details" when I attempt to load the UMD. Does anyone know what's happening?
still unable to load this game. i keep trying on the newest builds on the build bot but nothing works. i use the settings mentioned and still nothing. it worked the first time i played but never again Sad
We don't support piracy here. Sorry, man.

Edit: Since the question I replied to was deleted, my post looks all weird now. It bothers me a little, so I decided to answer the current guy above me:

Quote:still unable to load this game. i keep trying on the newest builds on the build bot but nothing works. i use the settings mentioned and still nothing. it worked the first time i played but never again Sad

Close all programms. If you are using Media Engine setting (in order to watch videos and hear encrypted audio) make sure to have ffmpeg-natives at *JPcsp\lib\windows-x86* exctracted (already exctracted in r1899) and SonicStage (download from Sony's site) installed *note: Media Engine currently works only with x86 version of emulator*. Also try loading the game from *File>Load Recent* instead of *Load UMD*.

I hope that helps.
what fps are you guys getting?
mine is generally ok until the real gaming parts,then it takes a nosedive to 15~23,just want to know so i get another reason to upgrade my pc =)
60fps talking and wandering around,
without vertex cache battles are about 25-60fps

with vertex cache (and -XX:MaxPermSize set to avoid out of memory errors) battles are 50-60fps

Battles/wandering inside tartarus:

40 - 60fps(fraps shows 20-30fps) without vertex cache/shaders.
20 - 30fps(emu reports real fps?) with shaders enabled.
~60fps(fraps shows 30fps) with vertex cache/shaders enabled, but emu hangs up after 1 to few minutes, due to vertex cache hogging too much ram. (-XX:MaxPermSize set to 128MB)

PC specs:
CPU: i5-750 @ 4.2Ghz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: GTX460
thanks guys,guess it's time for an upgrade =)
good thing it's almost christmas
(12-15-2010, 05:00 AM)Zephyr Wrote: thanks guys,guess it's time for an upgrade =)
good thing it's almost christmas

just make sure you go with Nvidia for graphics. Currently shaders makes the speed difference in a lot of games.