This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection [BLUS30847]
Video of Metal Gear Solid 2 HD in-game.

Here's an update using KD-11's vertex rewrite (found here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/kd-11/rp.../artifacts)

MGS2 and 3 HD render, and are playable. There are graphical bugs which can be found in my screenshots (MGS3 screens to be added) but the games themselves are playable with variable framerate (20-60) on my system, an i5-4690k and GTX 970.

This reply will cover MGS2, and I'll make another one for MGS3

Significant bugs present are:
- Effects missing, such as rain and water underneath the tanker/around the plant. Other effects missing include the ZZZ on top of knocked out soldiers' heads and blood.
- Some particles such as bullets and vulkan's rubber pellets are missing, while others are present such as the M9 darts on hit soldiers.
- All lasers are missing, including weapon aiming lasers (for players and enemies) and C4 traps. The latter can't be seen even with Thermal Goggles (screenshot included).
- Other effects missing are the lice in the plant, rotors on helicopters and vent coverings/grates.

My settings are:
- PPU/SPU Recompiler
- SPU Threads: Auto
- No other SPU settings enabled (loop detection etc.)
- GPU: Vulkan
- Framelimit: Auto
- 1280x720 resolution

- I've tried the following, no noticeable effect unless mentioned:
- Write Color Buffers (MASSIVE slowdown, as much as 75%)
- Invalidate Cache Every Frame
- GPU Texture Scaling
- Strict Rendering mode
- VSync
- Stretch to Display Area
- Disable Vertex Cache

I was able to play through most of the Tanker chapter before loading up the Plant chapter. The game crashed around that time with the below, after more than an hour of continuous gameplay.

E {rsx::thread} RSX:
F {rsx::thread} class std::runtime_error thrown: Failed to compile vertex shader
(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\VKVertexProgram.cpp:346)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

^^ very informative post my friend
but you forgot the most important thing: THE LOG Big Grin
plz remember to upload logs for both MGS2 & 3 Smile
(08-05-2017, 09:46 AM)fifazalata Wrote: ^^ very informative post my friend

Ah, crap my log is huge. Should I make a backup of it, delete it and then upload a log that only has MGS2/MGS3 data into it? Or will the full thing be OK?
(08-05-2017, 03:10 PM)Alexbeav Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:46 AM)fifazalata Wrote: ^^ very informative post my friend

Ah, crap my log is huge. Should I make a backup of it, delete it and then upload a log that only has MGS2/MGS3 data into it? Or will the full thing be OK?
close rpcs3 to empty the log first
then open the game you wanna test only
after some testing close rpcs3 & zip the log using 7zip or something to make the file smaller than 2mb as this is the limit of the attachment files here in the forum.
Here's the log from playing some MGS2... Went from defusing the last bomb -> Fortune battle -> Fatman battle -> shortly after Fatman (ninja cinematic), saved the game and exited.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3_log.zip (Size: 891.76 KB / Downloads: 73)
afaik only master builds are discussed here. But anyway awesome info
(08-05-2017, 06:43 PM)Snatch Wrote: afaik only master builds are discussed here. But anyway awesome info
Discussion is allowed on any builds
master is required only to move the game "officially" to their respective section of the the forums & hence the Compatibility List.

Some gameplay from MGS3. Currently working on confirming whether MGS2 is playable from start to finish, will continue with MGS3 and post a report once I'm done.
Just finished MGS2, can confirm playable from start to finish....if you exclude credits.

Credits crashed with:
F {PPU[0x10000ed] Thread (HLE Video Decoder)} class std::runtime_error thrown: AU decoding error(0xbebbb1b7)
(in file C:\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\Cell\Modules\cellVdec.cpp:236)

Attached is my log again, tomorrow I start on MGS3. Thanks KD11!

edit: with ssshadow's help on Discord, I enabled the following libraries (attached) which allowed the credits to play all the way through and finished the game!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   RPCS3_log.zip (Size: 1.8 MB / Downloads: 74)