This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 Trial - NPJG90020
This trial game was tested with revision 5b6966e. Since this particular EBOOT.PBP is in the "MG" category and not "EG" category, JPCSP has trouble directly loading the file (since the KIRK key (0x60) for this PRX type is still unknown). When attempting to load this EBOOT.PBP file, the emulator will display "General error: File format not supported!". As stated in this Wololo.net post, there are a couple of steps that need to be taken before this trial game could run on emulators.

Procedure:
1) Extract the contents of the EBOOT.PBP with software such as PBP Unpacker 0.94
2) Use a real PSP to decrypt/decompress the DATA.PSP file with the homebrew application PRXdecrypter 2.7a
3) Assemble the EBOOT.PBP back together by using the new decrypted/decompressed DATA.PSP with PBP Unpacker 0.94

The new EBOOT.PBP plays fine on PPSSPP, but has a problem loading on JPCSP. On JPCSP, the following appears on the log endlessly while displaying a black screen:
Code:
08:13:14  WARN hle.ModuleMgrForUser - first_read - Unimplemented sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan
08:13:14  WARN hle.ModuleMgrForUser - first_read - Unimplemented sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan returning 0x0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r5b6966e(64bit)_INFO (Encrypted EBOOT.PBP).zip (Size: 42 KB / Downloads: 82)
.zip   Log_r5b6966e(64bit)_INFO (Decrypted EBOOT.PBP).zip (Size: 63.49 KB / Downloads: 94)
Code:
08:13:14  WARN hle.ModuleMgrForUser - first_read - Unimplemented sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan
08:13:14  WARN hle.ModuleMgrForUser - first_read - Unimplemented sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan returning 0x0
This function should now be implemented in 4d5b957.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
The game still displays a black screen on revision cbc09e5. The game also seems to stop loading after a minute and stays in an idle state. There aren't any noticeable errors in the log (only WARN messages).
Code:
06:53:50  WARN      emu - GUI - .shstrtab section not found
06:53:50  WARN hle.SysMemUserForUser - GUI - malloc cannot allocate partition=1, name='ThreadMan-InternalHandlers', type=PSP_SMEM_Addr, size=0xE0, addr=0x08000000, maxFreeMem=0x3FE000, totalFreeMem=0x3FE000

I added the following to LogSettings.xml to see if the game would advance any further but it would stop at the same point:
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

When the PSP System Files are in the flash0 directory, the log will instead display:
Code:
15:29:30  WARN hle.sceSysEventForKernel - SceModmgrStart - Unimplemented sceKernelRegisterSysEventHandler handler=0x0800B140
15:29:30  WARN hle.sceSysEventForKernel - SceModmgrStart - Unimplemented sceKernelRegisterSysEventHandler returning 0x0

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rcbc09e5(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 208.98 KB / Downloads: 102)
Code:
06:53:50  WARN hle.SysMemUserForUser - GUI - malloc cannot allocate partition=1, name='ThreadMan-InternalHandlers', type=PSP_SMEM_Addr, size=0xE0, addr=0x08000000, maxFreeMem=0x3FE000, totalFreeMem=0x3FE000
This is the root issue and happens while loading the demo.
Could you please start Jpcsp, enable the TRACE level, load the demo and press run. I just need the log file for one second, just to make sure the loading is complete.

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I tested the trial game under both situations (with and without PSP System Files) with the TRACE log setting on revision cbc09e5.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rcbc09e5(64bit)_INFO (with PSP System Files).zip (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 85)
.zip   Log_rcbc09e5(64bit)_INFO (without PSP System Files).zip (Size: 1.17 MB / Downloads: 82)
OK, thank for the logs!
Code:
This issue should now be fixed in 555cceb
The game still doesn't display anything (black screen) as of revision f7df27d. I'm not sure if it will help, but I have attached a Debug Log of PPSSPP loading the game up to the Title Screen.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rf7df27d(64bit)_INFO (with PSP System Files).zip (Size: 63.47 KB / Downloads: 86)
.zip   Log_rf7df27d(64bit)_INFO (without PSP System Files).zip (Size: 61.06 KB / Downloads: 86)
.7z   PPSSPP-v1.4.2-267-g033676ca4-DebugLog.7z (Size: 169.95 KB / Downloads: 95)
(07-18-2017, 09:55 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: The game still doesn't display anything (black screen) as of revision f7df27d. I'm not sure if it will help, but I have attached a Debug Log of PPSSPP loading the game up to the Title Screen.
Is it possible to generate a DEBUG log for Jpcsp as well?
I have attached a Debug Log from JPCSP using revision f7df27d.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rf7df27d(64bit)_DEBUG (with PSP System Files).zip (Size: 316.76 KB / Downloads: 92)
.zip   Log_rf7df27d(64bit)_DEBUG (without PSP System Files).zip (Size: 324.22 KB / Downloads: 85)
Code:
14:22:03 DEBUG hle.ModuleMgrForUser - first_read_21 - sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan buffer=0x00001AD0, bufSize=0x8ECE880, flags=0x0, optionAddr=0x09F7EA60
Upps, I inverted the parameters "buffer" and "bufSize" for this new function. It should be:
Code:
sceKernelLoadModuleBufferUsbWlan bufSize=0x00001AD0, buffer=0x8ECE880, flags=0x0, optionAddr=0x09F7EA60