This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenGL renderer. ARB_texture_buffer_object is required but not supported by your GPU
Hey! Long time no see because I was enjoying RPCS3, but in the lately builds (since RPCS3 updated to v0.0.2 to be exact), I ran into a problem, I think this happened because my PC not strong enough to run the emulator, but what I wonder is why v0.0.1 builds work perfectly fine, but v0.0.2 it has this error . Is v0.0.2 has any big changes?

My PC meet the minimum requirements for RPCS3 (the red text is my computer's performance) (although it's weak but it can run project diva f on v0.0.1 build at 15-25fps)

If anyone can explain (or can solve) this error for me, I'd be glad to hear it!

(the "this error" and "meet" texts has links with them for the examples, click them to see) and BTW, I use OGL for rendering because it's the fastest renderer for my computer
i5-4310M | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 | 4GB RAM
Are you using latest build? Intel drivers are bad and don't report extensions properly so it thinks your GPU doesn't support them.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(05-30-2017, 11:22 AM)Annie Wrote: Are you using latest build? Intel drivers are bad and don't report extensions properly so it thinks your GPU doesn't support them.
I use the lasted build, let me check if the driver has any update...
i5-4310M | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 | 4GB RAM
This is the list of gpus that NOT support relevant extension www.opengl.gpuinfo.org/gl_listreports.php?listreportsbyextensionunsupported=GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object

somehow i see intel 4600 among them
That list must be messed up, it lists GTX 1080 too.

Maybe DX12 works better on this Intel GPU.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Interesting.. its fresh case

Here is official statement https://communities.intel.com/thread/111482 :The Intel driver supports this extension however, due to a situation we are currently working on, support for this extension is not announced.

Now its up to devs what they do with it. Probably omit some checks?

Ah and yes, ssshadow ur right, dx12 is best for intel, if available.