This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why SSSE3 only?
(07-07-2017, 09:55 AM)OSad Wrote: Hey, hijacking the thread for a related question:

I was thinking about getting a Ryzen chip as a physical core number upgrade to my current Intel processor, and as I was checking some comparison pages, I noticed that AMD's offerings have way less instruction sets than Intel's.

[Image: 4d0d2e5963.png]

I'm no computer expert so I can't even begin to assume how much of an impact this stuff has. Are they necessary to emulator operation? I assume things run more smoothly when you have access to them...

Whatever site that is, never ever use it again. For example MMX has existed in every x86 CPU since like 1995.

Ryzen has every important CPU extension that any modern CPU should have.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Hm, the site's called cpuboss.com. It pops up prominently if you google "compare cpu's" and some websites seem to recommend it in guides.

It actually doesn't even show certain processors like the i7 7700k which is certainly weird. Just goes to show you should always double-check the info you find on the internet, I guess.

Thanks, lads.
"cpuboss.com"... Truly and unironically "fake news".
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)