This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCS3 PS3/PS2/Xbox360 Controller Support
Will there be something like a pad support plugin for the emulator or something? I really would like to play emulated games with a joypad, rather than a keyboard and a mouse.

Cheers.
They all work. Go to settings and change pad from keyboard to Xinput or mmjoystick.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-29-2017, 03:49 PM)ssshadow Wrote: They all work. Go to settings and change pad from keyboard to Xinput or mmjoystick.
Well, you are right, my bad. But for some reason it doesn't detects my PS2 controller (dunno if it's because the adapter, or something), I'll try using PS3 controller instead.

Edit: When I go to PAD settings for some reason it won't detect PS3 and PS2 controller (by the way, I am using SCP for PS3 controller). I am of course using the Xinput option in the settings.
PS3 controller + SCP + XInput should work in general, but it's possible the game you are testing has controller problems. Try some other game too.

mmjoystick could work with a PS2 controller + adapter, it is up to Windows really. If you search for "game controller" or something like that in the start menu you should get something where you can test it out more closely.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(03-30-2017, 01:46 PM)GuardOfRed Wrote: Edit: When I go to PAD settings for some reason it won't detect PS3 and PS2 controller (by the way, I am using SCP for PS3 controller). I am of course using the Xinput option in the settings.
Didn't tested it in a game yet, but I dunno if it should be like this, but it doesn't lets me set my own control configuration on PAD settings. Both PS2 and PS3 controllers work fine for me in other games of course. I'll try to test something soon.
PAD settings are only for keyboard.
XInput can't be configured yet and mmjoystick needs to be configured on the actual config file
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Use Antimicro: https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro

It's great software, no need install and light, simple to configurate.
Work fine on my official controller PS2 with adaptor to PC.
i5 2500 | 8 GB Ram 1333 Mhz | GTX 1060 | Windows 7 Home Premium x64
That remaps keyboard to controller, it adds unnecessary steps to the process. XInput or MMJoystick is direct.

PS2 should work under mmjoystick if windows recognizes it as a game controller
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux