This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLUS31601]
Bah. Someone will have to patch it to fix this bug.

Moving to ingame from playable
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(08-07-2017, 11:37 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Bah. Someone will have to patch it to fix this bug.

Moving to ingame from playable

like they patched dragon's crown? to whom we have to sacrifice a virgin?
(08-07-2017, 09:40 PM)rauldj Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 04:51 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 09:58 PM)rauldj Wrote: Can something be done to fix this issue? I've been unable to boot the game for weeks, not even on interpreter.

This is a definite game bug. Basically RPCS3 is too fast which causes some broken synchronization code in the game itself to fail. This can be fixed by making the game frame rate much lower as it starts up. See in the screenshot here how I slowed down the game to ~6 fps which seems to certainly get past the bug.

Actually, we speed up the game and therefore lower frame rate if you get what I mean. Anyway, just download cheat engine, attach to RPCS3, and use the speed hack at a factor 10 or more (just try 100). Then start the game. When you are past the trophy screen you can turn speed hack off and play as usual. I tested several times and it seems to only work with interpreter. LLVM fails every time, even slowed down to 0.1 fps.

Edit: Of course be careful with this tool. Download it here: https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine
Make damn sure not a remnant of this tool is in memory if you are going to play online games. Restart you computer after using it, because it will lead to VAC ban for example.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to boot the game no matter the setting (10x -> 6 FPS, 20x -> 3 FPS... even 500x and 0.25x), I get the exact same result as before. I even tried lowering CPU frequency to its minimum and got the same thing.

What a miserable fate this beautiful game has to suffer...

I had this problem too but thanks to the sender of this note , Now its easier ...
I changed the method a little too ... instead of setting speedhack on lower value , set it on 500 ... hope you will get the screen under 5 tries .....
Also use the latest version of RPCS3 with the configuration of:
PPU Dec : Interpreter (fast)
SPU Dec : recompiler (ASMJIT)

good luck ...
Actually both RPCS3 and the game are at fault here. Maybe fixed soon.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(08-09-2017, 05:15 PM)unknowpers Wrote: I had this problem too but thanks to the sender of this note , Now its easier ...
I changed the method a little too ... instead of setting speedhack on lower value , set it on 500 ... hope you will get the screen under 5 tries .....
Also use the latest version of RPCS3 with the configuration of:
PPU Dec : Interpreter (fast)
SPU Dec : recompiler (ASMJIT)

good luck ...

I've tried dozens of times with every single value, reducing CPU frequency, etc. and nothing helped, I always got the same result.

It's quite a shame, but thank you anyway.
A patch is now made for the EU version. Stand by for the US version. See: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid286040

If someone has the EU version (BLES ID) please run with that patch and attach a log file so I can move the thread to playable.
(08-11-2017, 07:43 AM)ssshadow Wrote: A patch is now made for the EU version. Stand by for the US version. See: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid286040

If someone has the EU version (BLES ID) please run with that patch and attach a log file so I can move the thread to playable.

That's the version I have and either I'm too retarded to set the patch or it doesn't work at all, at least for me.

I create a "patch.yml" file on RPCS3 root folder with

Code:
PPU-c8537ec20b4560fb14d51ce02b2bb21f65ea64ae: #OS BLES02241 Sync Issue Hack
  - [be32, 0x721024, 0x39000001]

Is that correct? If it is, then it doesn't work for me, I get the same result.

EDIT: It actually works, just not with the updated version of the game.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 104.9 KB / Downloads: 119)
edit I don't have the EU version
Works fine here.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 189.55 KB / Downloads: 117)
(08-11-2017, 07:43 AM)ssshadow Wrote: A patch is now made for the EU version. Stand by for the US version. See: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid286040

Ah thank you so much! Finally can play it!