This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk [BLES01793]
OP updated, but this would basically be playable if you could save often, and you can't because save/load doesn't work. We are getting there though.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Playable as of https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/2631
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
The game doesn't work on the latest build. It won't boot due to memory allocation and violation errors. I report it so that whoever is responsible for that would mark it as 'unplayable' once again in the compatibility list and maybe figure out what's wrong with the new build?

I looked at the first post and downloaded an old build from the date it was posted on. On the old build the game runs almost perfectly well, no crashing (although there are minor tolerable graphical glitches).

I think I know what's wrong, it's how the libraries are handled... maybe. In that old build you needed to tick 'use liblv2.sprx only' on the left and tick 'libfs.sprx' in the list on the right. Like this:

[Image: ZMGaztG.jpg]

But in the new build the interface has changed. I choose 'Load automatic and manual selection' and tick both liblv2.sprx and libfs.sprx in the list below to emulate a combination of everything that an old build required:

[Image: NpYauIb.jpg]

The game fails to boot. That's what the log states after successfully loading all executables:

E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x016f3000]} : 'sys_memory_allocate' failed with 0x80010004 : CELL_ENOMEM
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x016f3000]} HLE TODO: Unimplemented syscall sys_process_exit -> CELL_OK
U {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x016f3000]} HLE TODO: Unimplemented syscall sys_process_exit -> CELL_OK
E {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x016f3000]} : 'sys_memory_allocate' failed with 0x80010004 : CELL_ENOMEM
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x016f3000]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x21

It's still possible to run the game if I choose only 'use liblv2.sprx only', but it keeps frequently crashing, so it's unplayable. I don't know how useful is that to report, but I report it just in case. That's how you can run the game with frequent crashes:

[Image: u2Bpdxu.jpg]

I guess it needs more libraries to run without crashing all the time? Smile But with more libraries it won't boot at all, as shown above.
Literally just use the first option, "automatically load libraries" for every game ever.
I tried that. The game boots, but crashes all the time. Randomly, so it may crash immediately, after 1 minute or 10 minutes of playing. But mostly it crashes within 2 first minutes of gameplay.

I think by 'playable' you mean that it's actually playable? But it isn't at the moment Sad

In other threads about Atelier games I read about a frequent crash issue, too, so I assume it's the same issue. However, those threads claim that the issue have been fixed. They all refer to the old build that I'm using for the second emulator folder that does work perfectly, indeed. At least I kept the game running for a long time on it and it never once crashed. I hoped that the newest build would be as good as that one at running the game.
I mean I played it for two hours without any crash. I need more information, what CPU and GPU? And attach a log file with the crash.
I'm really embarrassed to say that I've posted my report on the wrong Atelier game page! In my defense, I only had 4 hours of sleep on that day... Sorry!

That's the Atelier game that keeps crashing:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....848&page=2

I'll post the logs and CPU\GPU info on that page in a moment.