This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
original game
DS 
I have a question. that we be able to run commercial games like demons souls, it's possible use the original file on the PC disk? meaning, what should I use to read it on a PC?
(10-01-2015, 06:29 PM)dibe91 Wrote: I have a question. that we be able to run commercial games like demons souls, it's possible use the original file on the PC disk? meaning, what should I use to read it on a PC?

As far as I know, currently, no. Even if you had a Blu-Ray drive to read the disk, the disk would need to be decrypted, which currently to the best of my knowledge is possible on a real PS3. So you would need to have a PS3, with custom firmware, insert the disk and RIP the file. Someone might be able to correct me here, but I think that's the basics of how to obtain the files. Also, for most games you'll need a .rap file (required for decrypting certain game files), which to the best of my knowledge, is only generated on a real PS3.
(10-01-2015, 07:15 PM)tambre Wrote: As far as I know, currently, no. Even if you had a Blu-Ray drive to read the disk, the disk would need to be decrypted, which currently to the best of my knowledge is possible on a real PS3. So you would need to have a PS3, with custom firmware, insert the disk and RIP the file. Someone might be able to correct me here, but I think that's the basics of how to obtain the files. Also, for most games you'll need a .rap file (required for decrypting certain game files), which to the best of my knowledge, is only generated on a real PS3.

more than anything else, I would have interest to look at the contents of the DVD that it started pc. in the sense that I would like to see the model file maps etc .... with the Blu-Ray is possible?
(10-02-2015, 10:58 AM)dibe91 Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 07:15 PM)tambre Wrote: As far as I know, currently, no. Even if you had a Blu-Ray drive to read the disk, the disk would need to be decrypted, which currently to the best of my knowledge is possible on a real PS3. So you would need to have a PS3, with custom firmware, insert the disk and RIP the file. Someone might be able to correct me here, but I think that's the basics of how to obtain the files. Also, for most games you'll need a .rap file (required for decrypting certain game files), which to the best of my knowledge, is only generated on a real PS3.

more than anything else, I would have interest to look at the contents of the DVD that it started pc. in the sense that I would like to see the model file maps etc .... with the Blu-Ray is possible?

I have limited knowledge of how Blu-Ray discs work on PS3, but as far as I know, you're unable to directly look at them with your Blu-Ray drive, since they're encrypted and currently can be only decrypted by the PS3. Once you have obtained the disc contents through the PS3 (using a FTP server, most likely) and .rap file (for decrypting certain files, that remain encrypted even after the most of disc contents being decrypted), you should be able to view and modify the files as you wish.