This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule for "playable" game ?
Hi,
since there are more and more game that gets the "playable" status I think we should try to keep record of some information.

I think it's unavoidable that some working game will be broken later so I think any thread saying a game works should absolutly report the commit somewhere easily accessible. If the game is broken and is reworking later, a new "working commit" should be recorded too.
It's much easier to bisect with git using commit SHA that a more vague date or month, not accounting that it's possible that a game is working in a branch and not in master.

On another note, Arkedo 2 still lacks sound effect since spurs is not implemented. So while it's playable (near stable 60 fps, it's possible to play a game and "finish it" after some amount of time) it's not perfect emulation. On the other hand Sonic CD has proper sound effect, high fps and I think it's possible to finish the game. So it should have another status.
(08-13-2015, 11:00 PM)vlj Wrote: Hi,
since there are more and more game that gets the "playable" status I think we should try to keep record of some information.

I think it's unavoidable that some working game will be broken later so I think any thread saying a game works should absolutly report the commit somewhere easily accessible. If the game is broken and is reworking later, a new "working commit" should be recorded too.
It's much easier to bisect with git using commit SHA that a more vague date or month, not accounting that it's possible that a game is working in a branch and not in master.

On another note, Arkedo 2 still lacks sound effect since spurs is not implemented. So while it's playable (near stable 60 fps, it's possible to play a game and "finish it" after some amount of time) it's not perfect emulation. On the other hand Sonic CD has proper sound effect, high fps and I think it's possible to finish the game. So it should have another status.

Sonic CD is missing a couple things, before it can be ranked "Perfect". The things being: going into scoreboard, etc crashes the game (last I checked atleast), and the intro video doesn't play, due to currently poor implementation of cellSail, which I'm slowly making progress on.
(08-13-2015, 11:00 PM)vlj Wrote: Hi,

Regarding Arkedo 2 and regressions, it used the be perfect (probably... maybe) and had sound, but it broke. I don't remember at all when it started to work and when it broke though. (Here is a video I recorded 6 months ago)

Regarding the status of playable I think it should require the game to probably work from beginning to end with full sound, graphics, and so on. Minor bugs like visual glitches or slighly laggy sound can be accepted. So I would not say that Arkedo 2 and Sonic CD are playable but Retro City Rampage seems to be, but I haven't tested it myself.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
The information I got so far is that all the games that are playable are bad or have minecraft graphics, or both.
(02-07-2016, 08:04 AM)Kilowog01 Wrote: The information I got so far is that all the games that are playable are bad or have minecraft graphics, or both.

And how is this related to this thread? And yes obviously, if you want to play PS3 games, get a PS3.